chapter 6

Light flooded Spencers and Chris' bedroom. Spencer sat up in bed, reading a book while Chris laid next to him, sleeping. Spencer's attention was torn from his book once Chris stirred in bed.

"Hey beautiful," He said as she opened her eyes. Redness passed over her face at the compliment and she sat up in bed.

"What time is it?" Chris asked seeing how bright it was outside.

"Almost 8," Spencer replied, placing his book down on the bedside table.

"I don't remember the last time I've slept this late," Chris admitted. "Well, you've had a stressful month Christina," Spencer said as Chris got out of bed. She headed to the bathroom and started to brush her teeth.

Spencer followed her in and wrapped an arm around her waist as she stood in front of the sink.

"Oh," She said before spitting the toothpaste out of her mouth, "Don't forget we have dinner at Aarons tonight."

"Why do he have to do this every year?"

"It's his way of saying thank you to everyone at the BAU." Chris said rubbing her eyes. She picked up a hair tie and began to put her hair in a bun.

Spencer placed a kiss on her neck and asked: "What are you going to wear?"

"Not sure," She said turning to face him, "Something scandalous so all my co-workers will see."

"I don't think your boyfriend will like that very much," Spencer replied

"Well, technically my boyfriend won't be there, Dr. Reid."

"Well technically, if anyone tries to touch you I promise to personally take them down."

"I would love to see that," Chris said, pulling Spencer back into the bedroom, "But now I need your help picking out an appropriate dress for tonight."