C h a p t e r: 1

Kara's POV
After a long day of keeping the world spinning I'm exhausted. I arrive at my loft and instantly plop down on the couch. Still in my supergirl suit, I decide to get up and take a nice warm shower.

I head to the bathroom and turn on the water. I get in and instantly feel a sign of relief as I feel the warm droplets hit my back.

When I finish up, I get out and throw a tank top and some pajama pants on. I begin to look for my slippers and find one. I lift the bed and find the other one. But not only did I find my slipper I found a book. Specifically Romeo and Juliet.

I had forgotten that I threw it back under here after I had found it earlier.

Throwing the pair of shoes on the floor, I sit at the end of my bed and open up the book. I see the notes Mon-El had taken when he was reading it. He'd written my name down next to a sentence that was underlined and starred. It read "the brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,"

The 7 months that have gone by without him were hard but now that he's here it hurts a little bit less but more at the same time. I thought once I had him back all the pain and suffering would go away. I'd get to hold him and be with him.

But what I hadn't expected was seeing him with another women. A wife at that.

I had found comfort in reading it. The little notes on the side and the memories that came with it.

After I had gotten to the 7th page I had drifted off to sleep.

I heard a loud knock on the door and I opened my eyes and shouted "I'll be right there". I check the time and it was 2 in the morning. Who would be here at this time. I opened the door and I was shocked to see it was Mon-El. "Hey" he said in a tired groggy way. "Umm, hey what's up, is there something wrong, did they find something out about regin?!".

"No, no nothing like that it's just I guess I couldn't sleep and the first place I thought about was here. And I know I'm sorry it's so early and I interrupted your sleep, you know what I'm just going to go I shouldn't have come" he sounded as if he was holding something back

"No it's alright please come in. You know you can talk to me." I say opening the door a little wider

"I-i mean are you sure it's really early and i can tell you were sleeping."  He mumbled.

"Mon-El, look at me." He looks up at me with his stormy blue-grey eyes. "Come on in and sit"

He walks in and takes a look around.

"Wow. It's exactly how i remember. Nothing has changed. Even my favorite mug is still on the counter"  he says with a surprised look on his face.

"Well i didn't have to change anything around since you've been gone or didn't want to i would say. I actually used it while you were gone. But.."

I walked over to the counter top taking the cup off of it. "You can have it back" i say handing it to him.

"Are you sure? I don't want to break it at the DEO." he asked taking it from me. "Yes please. i insist"

"Okay, okay. um well do you um want to sit?" He asked pointing at the couch. Memories come flowing back from months ago.

"Hello. Kara" he waves his hand in my face.

"Um yeah i'm sorry" I say walking over to the couch with him following behind. We sit and in silence for a few minutes.

"So um, what did you want to talk about" i say kind of not ready for what he wants to talk about. Considering the last time he wanted to it was about Imra.

"I've been having these weird dreams. They're the same ones i had when i first left." he says looking up.

I look back at him wanting him to continue.
"We're both in a field and your in my arms again. But when i turn i see my.. my parents. But the thing is at the end their faces turn into these demon like things. At first it was just you and i. But since i've been back that's what i wake up from" he says a little fast but hesitant.

"Are you serious? I've been having the exact same dream actually. There was this one time you just vanished though. That was one of the worst ones"

He looks up. It's the first time i've actually gazed into his eyes since he's been gone. They haven't changed much. Except you can see sadness and guilt in them. He looks down at my lips then back at my eyes.

"Comets. They haven't changed one bit." He says. We stay looking into each others eyes for a while and we both start to lean in..."

I wake up sitting up instantly. Looking over at the clock, it reading 5 o'clock a.m.

"What the hell was that all about? huh, yeah like that'll ever happen." I whisper to myself.

Hope you liked the first chapter!! I'm new to this so if you see any spelling errors i'm going to get better at it, hopefully! Haha but vote and comment. I want to see what you guys think!~Lilly<3