C h a p t e r : 3

Mon-El's POV

" I promise"

All of a sudden the DEOs alarms started blaring.
Both Kara and I knew exactly what was happening. Reign.

Alex stormed through the door and yelled out "Kara, Reign has just been spotted on top of CatCo roof! She got your signal."

Kara looked over at me. Her eyes were no longer the bright blue comets i knew so well. They were now filled with anger, hurt, and guilt. She ran out of the training room with Alex running right behind her.

Kara's POV

"Kara! Kara" Alex shouted. I didn't listen. Reign is ready to face me and i'm going to show her why she shouldn't have messed with the city in the first place and why she shouldn't have killed any of those people.

"I need to go" i replied back.

"Hey not like this. Listen to me!" she grabbed my arm pulling me back. I turned toward her before i could reach the balcony.

"I know that you've been struggling for the past few months and i have been trying to get you to embrace your humanity, but forget that. Be cold. Be kryptonian. I don't know why, but this thing really scares me. So, please. Be alien!"

With that i nodded and flew as fast as i could to CatCo.

There she stood. As if she were high and mighty.

"So your supposed to be the devil?" I questioned

"The devil does not exist" She simply stated

"Then who are you?!"

" I am here to deliver the awakening. I am Reign!"She shouted

"I'm not going to let you hurt anyone else. Surrender now, before i make you surrender"

"So full of hubris. Stand down, or i will make you join in your peoples purgatory!"

"I'm not going anywhere! Take your best shot!" I dared

She launched herself at me and we began battling in a building. Punch after punch she kept hitting me. But I wasn't taking it, I shot right back after her.

It kept going on until finally I felt myself getting weaker with every hit. She was stronger than me but I wasn't giving up. I would not let her defeat me. But I-I was bleeding. I managed to get back up and hit her down.

But she came back up and hit me with her laser vision causing me to land on a roof. I was weak but i had to keep holding on. I couldn't give in.

"I'm going to kill you" she uttered in a determined way.

"You don't.. you don't scare me." I try to say without using every last ounce of breath I have.

"you are no god, just as I am no devil. All I am is truth..."

She picks me up by the top part of my suit. I grunt in response knowing I can no longer fight back.

"and judgement and death and I will reign!" she says before she drops me from the top of the building.

This is where I knew I wasn't going to survive. Alex, J'onn,Winn, Mon-El and everyone else will lose me. I will no longer be there.

As i'm falling to the ground it feels like ages. I feel as if i'm a feather that has fallen from a birds wing. Memories flood my mind before taking one last breath and knowing that this is the day my life comes to an end....

Mon-El's POV

Everything just happened in a blink of an eye. First thing I remember was Kara and I training, Next they're bring her in on a gurney from her fight with reign.

They immediately run her to the med bay and I run in right after along with Imra,Winn, J'onn and Myr'nn' closely behind me.

I see Alex incubating her and that's when a part of me felt as if she wouldn't make it.

"She'll be okay" Imra said trying to reassure me.

But another part of me couldn't help but think it was my fault she ran head first into this battle without knowing how powerful reign was.

I caused this, it was partly my fault that Kara wouldn't make it.

I came up with the idea to put her in one of the tanks in our ship. I quickly told alex and she was all for it. She had me take Kara to the ship and put her inside.

When I picked her up she was so fragile. I felt like I could break her. I made sure to not put a tight hold on her but enough grip to where I could carry her limp body.

We arrived at the ship and I very carefully placed her in the tank. I sealed it shut and it began filling up with water.

"Now what" Alex questioned.

"Now we wait." Imra said, also trying to reassure her.

"No, we wake up Brainy." I started towards the chambers with the other legionnaires in them and began draining one of tanks.

Imra stormed in after me asking if what i was doing was a good idea.

"Of course it's a good idea. I- We need to know that Kara's mind is in tact and that she's going to make it out." I argued back.

"Whatever you say Mon-El" She said as she walks out of the room.

When I turn around Brainy is already out of the tank and programming to his regular self.

"Mon-El! What is the reason for me being "awoken"?
He questioned

"Supergirl was put into a coma and we need to know that's she's alright"

With that he started making his way into the room that Kara was being held in. After about a half hour he gets information that her mindset it doing great but she's very angry.

"I'm sure she loves being trapped in a mind prison" Winn says.

"The tanks have amazing healing powers so all she has to do is rest and let the thing do it's job" Imra chimes in.

"But in order for her to come out of the coma she must be able to come to terms with her past and who she truly is" Brainy states.

"Well let's hope she does it and quick. I don't like our odds without supergirl on our side." J'onn says before walking off the ship and everyone following along. All except for me. I can't bare to leave her side with her in the state that she's in. Not yet.

Heyy!! This chapter was mainly based off the episode of Supergirl as you can tell. The next one will also include this but not as much. But i hope you enjoyed! Comment and Vote! I want to know what you think about the chapter!~Lilly