EPISODE 01

"VAL!" THE COOK, JOSEPH YELLS FROM THE KITCHEN making Valerie turn her head to him, her hair thrown up in a ponytail as she places down the last plate in front of the customer before she gives them a smile

"Enjoy," she says to the group of friends then walks to the little window behind the countertop that shows into the kitchen, "what?" she asks as she waits for her next order.

Joseph smiles at her, "your order for table 13 is ready," he states as he hands her two plates and a small basket of hot food.

Valerie laughs, "couldn't have waited until I put down the other customer's food?"

"Can't have people thinking that we slack off," Joseph admits as he gives her a nod and a smile before going back to the food on the stove.

Valerie shakes her head and laughs as her hand comes up to place the food on her tray, making her way over to table 13, "here's your order," she starts, "a bacon cheeseburger for the missus and the mighty mike's burger for the sir with a basket of fries and some gravy to share," Valerie says the order in case she's missed anything, "enjoy."

"Thank you."

"Call me if you need anything," Valerie explains as she continues to help the other customers in her section for the next remaining 6 hours of work.

Valerie spends the 6 hours running around the diner, taking 15-minute breaks throughout the day and a half hour lunch break. Once she throws out the garbage and locks up, the blonde finally checks her phone to find a missed call from her mom sometime in the afternoon making Valerie scrunch her face up in confusion before quickly calling back.

VALERIE LATER FINDS HERSELF IN HER CAR WITH A BLANK expression on her face looking away from the house beside her, the unwanted feeling in her chest stopping her from walking inside to greet the house and title she desperately wanted to get away from years ago.

She puts her head onto the steering wheel and mumbles to herself, "just go in, just go in. In and out, quick and simple," she explains to herself in hopes to calm her nerves, "stay for a few days then leave," she sighs out before taking in a deep breath, "screw it."

Valerie opens her car door and begins to walk in, the feeling becoming worse until her gloved hand touches the doorknob and soon enough she's braving on a fake smile while she walks into to find her sisters in the foyer.

"Well, well, well," Valerie loudly greets with a smirk on her face, "it is just me or is that the infamous Allison and talented violinist Vanya Hargreeves?"

The two women look over to find their sister standing at the door with a smile on her face making the two return it, awkwardly.

"Hey Val," Allison says with a chuckle before Valerie blindly closes the door and walks over to the two.

"What? No hug for me?" She jokes as she opens her arms causing the sisters to take turns in giving her a hug, "god, how I've missed you guys," Valerie states once her and Vanya pull away, "you especially, sucks not hearing you play anymore-- now I resorted to listening to other violin players rather than the best," Valerie jokingly admits in hopes to liven up the tension of the room.