EPISODE 02

VALERIE LAYS ON HER BED WITH HER BACK TO THE DOOR, TEARS streaming down her face as she hiccups to try and stop herself from crying

"V?" She hears someone ask softly from the door and immediately she knows it's Diego, making her wipe away the tears and take in a deep breath.

"Yeah?" Valerie replies with a cracked voice, keeping her back towards her brother.

Diego walks over to his sister and sits beside her on the bed, fidgetting with his hands, "ar- are you okay?"

Valerie's eyes water up and she nods but doesn't look back at him while the thoughts of what that killer did vividly replay in her mind.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks softly before Valerie shakes her head and tries to sniffle quietly while also trying to subtly wipe her nose.

Valerie clears her throat, "I just want to be alone, please," she begs her brother who nods and goes to put a reassuring hand on her arm only to have her flinch lightly, scared to touch and see anything ever again.

When he leaves, Diego hears his sister start crying quietly as soon as he closes the door making him frown.

Valerie pulls her sleeves up and over her hands as a cover before curling them into her chest and quickly falling asleep.

When their mom calls everyone down for breakfast the next day, Valerie is the last one down. Her eyes puffy as she sniffles with her clothes rumpled, everyone's eyes on her when she goes to stand closest to her dad's seat while Vanya watches from afar with a frown on her face.

Once her dad comes in and tells them to sit, Valerie slowly grabs her fork only for nothing to happen, she takes tiny pieces of food and eats them even though she doesn't feel the least bit hungry.

It's quiet except for the news playing in the background but it's deaf to Valerie's ears as she worries about not feeling too sick to finish eating then a loud bang sounds out while it vibrates the table makes her flinch, her eyes shift around the table to see it was Five.

"Five?" Their dad asks with an unamused expression.

"I have a question," he starts as he leaves the knife in the table before interlocking his hands together.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules," their dad replies, "no talking during mealtimes, you're interrupting Herr Carlson."

Five throws his utensils onto his plate harshly, his eye flickering over to his sister who shyly looks over to him also and shakes her head gently at what Five's doing only to get an eye roll in return.

"I want to time travel," Five states as he looks back over to his dad.

Their dad doesn't even stop to think as he says his answer, "no."