EPISODE 08

VALERIE BARELY GETS TO LAY DOWN BEFORE her phone rings in her pocket, "what do you want?" Valerie mumbles into her phone as soon as she sits on her bed

"Where are you?"

Valerie realizes it's Allison as she lets out a sigh, "why?"

"Just tell me where you are," Allison snaps making Valerie roll her eyes, "I've been texting you the past 30 minutes," Allison explains making Valerie open her phone to find 20 texts from Allison and two texts from Joleen.

"I'm at home," Valerie begins to get confused, "why are you even calling me this late?"

"Okay, I'm coming to get you, be ready." Valerie looks at the ended call before letting out an exhausted sigh, her arms tired and mentally drained from everything that's happened in the last few hours.

"Be ready, she tells me," Valerie mocks as she gets up and changes, "no Valerie, how was your day? It's not like our fucking brother almost died or anything," Valerie puts in a hoodie before the thought of losing Klaus comes back in her mind and causes her to tear up.

Her phone dings on her bed and Valerie walks over to grab it, knowing Allison is outside. Valerie quietly walks through the hall, making a quick stop at Klaus room and peeking in to see him sleeping before gently going down the stairs to race out the door.

"Can you tell me what the fuck is going on now?" Valerie demands as she buckles up, "I've had the worst day believe it or not so this better be worth it."

"Remember Harold Jenkins?" Valerie tiredly nods while she leans back against the seat when Allison hands her a blue folder, "well, Leonard Peabody is Harold Jenkins."

Valerie sits up straight at her words and begins to look through the folder, "wait, you mean, the man we busted at Vanya's?" Valerie's heart races in her chest as she looks over at her sister.

Allison nods and tightens her hands over the wheel, "yeah, we found out when we went out to look and we're going to get her."

Valerie runs her hands through her hair, "Ali, I-I-- are you even sure she'll come with us?" The memory of earlier today comes to mind, "after today, I don't think she'll even want to be around us."

"We have to try, we can't just leave her with him and have him do something to her!"

"I know, okay? But Vanya won't just leave, who knows what he said to her or how close they are," Valerie snaps back before looking out her window and tries to calm herself down, "we need to think about this logically."

Allison nods and looks over at her sister, "okay, okay," she agrees before looking back at the road, "we'll figure it out but for now, sleep alright? It won't be for a while until we get there."