Chapter II

"We are unique and different in appearance, but present a good attitude towards others within our heart peaceful love."

~Jan Jansen.

* * *

I slowly backed away hiding my face with the book I was reading, 'War and peace' by the well known writer or must I say essayist Leo Tolstoy, I know war and peace is something you would be given at school to read but I like to go further and read more on biographies and others. Closing the wooden doors that led out to the balcony I let out a sigh of relief.

"Ah, what were you doing?" A little voice echoed in the large bedroom.

"Holy mother of marshmallows you scared me!" I jumped back hitting my head against the wall.

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you, Nana said Amalia and you had arrived so I came to check." Dorothy smiled at me.

"Nice to see you too Dorothy," I said walking over to her and embracing her in a tight squeeze. "Is Wyatt here?" I asked, releasing her small body from my grip.

"No, he's at a friend's house across the street. He should be back before dinner," she said with a shrug.

"Oh okay, " I said. We headed out the room as Dorothy began to show me around, this house was lovely. Seven bedrooms; each self contained, a game and movie room, two living rooms, a dining room, a study room, grandma's office, and a pool in the backyard. I was mesmerized at how she could possibly remember every room not to mention how big this house is and in her words its 'pretty much nothing'.

"And finally this is Toby, our butler he can help you with anything else," she concluded our tour, flashing me a warming smile.

"Hi, i'm Dominika Nicolette," I said with a genuine smile plastered on my face, reaching my hand out to greet him.

"Pleasure to meet you madam Dominika," he bowed shaking my hand in the most elegant way, by elegant I mean Queen Elizabeth elegant if that makes any sense.

. . .

I've currently been pacing around in my room, rushing for the first day of school because i'm exactly an hour late. I snoozed the alarm clock almost a dozen times and now I won't have any extra time to head to the library. This is really unlike me.

"Fudgeballs!" I muttered once my toe came in contact with the dressing table.

I wore a simple black shirt that read 'School rules' imprinted in white, some black skinny jeans, my white converses. I french braided my hair in a record of three minutes which obviously looks like a pile of trash. I took my bag and searched the room before leaving, making sure I had everything.

"Good morning Toby," I politely greeted our butler with a smile.

"Ah, madam Dominika goodmorning to you," he answered, bowing his head in response.

"I would mind if you just call me Dominika and please don't bow, I feel like its disrespectful for me towards you. I mean because you're older than me and... "

"It's no problem at all," he smiled.

"So where is everybody? Aren't they supposed to be here getting ready for school?" I asked, gladly receiving a plate full of pancakes from the chef with a smile plastered on my face.