Chapter VI

"It takes a strong heart to love, but it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love after its been hurt"

~Chandin Whitten.

* * *

Dominic's POV

"Why do you do it anyway?" Dominika asked curiously.

"You wouldn't understand, nobody does." I scoffed lightly. Memories of why I do this soon begin to shoot throughout my mind.

"Try me." She says confidently, folding her arms across her chest. This girl really does intrigue me. I remember the first time I saw her on the balcony, I just couldn't stop thinking of her and when she disappeared into the house I thought i'ld never see her again. That was until she started stalking me. I smirk devilishly at her and say,

"You really are something aren't you?" Before leaving. I have this strong urge to tell her my reasons, a feeling that even I don't understand. I just don't know if she can be trusted or will just break my heart like they all do.

Reaching home in a matter of time I go up to my room and get ready. Tonight we are having dinner with some of my dad's corporates for god knows what. He has always wanted me to be apart of their business but I decline. His company needs to be sued, they have no respect and take part in corruption, fraud, bribery and all other forms. There company is more like a production company, they take up raw ideas from less fortunate companies and make it a better brand. A few years ago they partook in murder for some priceless device that could benefit the entire company but things I do not know of took place and somebody died.

Getting dressed in my faint black tuxedo, I added a little bit of gel to my hair so that it won't look to messy.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Come in." I said.

In walked my mother with a split mouth and blood dripping from her nose, her arms were swollen and her face was pale.

"Mum." I quickly rushed to were she stood and held her in my arms.

"What did he do to you." I asked rubbing her back softly.

"Its nothing really." She frowned. I felt my blood start to boil and the adrenaline rushing through me was intoxicating.

"You come here looking terrible and come tell me he did nothing to you!!" I yelled pacing back and fourth in anger.

"Tell me, what did he do to you?" I asked for the last time, my patience wearing thin.

"He hit me with the belt and punched my jaw." She sighed. "Just drop it some, I know he still loves -" I had enough.

I walked across the hallway to my dad's room and banged open the door. "How could you keep hitting your wife and my mother you coward!" I growled angrily shooting daggers his way.

"What I do with, and to your mother is none of your god-damn business, so stay out of it boy." he swore, pushing past me and too the living room.

"I'll report you to the cops, and tell them how you treat her."

"Do it, will see who they will have to deal with."

"I'm ending this right now! All your company's fiasco and bullsh*t-" I yelled but was cut short with a fist colliding with my eye . I grabbed ahold of my eye that I presume is turning black and cringed at the pain, it hurt really bad.

"Dare put that worthless mouth to talk and i'll kill both you and your mother! I have nothing to lose anyway." He spat aggressively on me and proceeded to walk.

All my life, i've grown to know and see violence. There would be nights were he would come home drunk and beat both me and my mum. Some nights i'ld lie in my room, listening to my mum plead him to not beat her followed by loud screams of pain.

I talked to my mum about leaving the house and moving into our own but we can't because she still loves the man she married. Also because if we were to leave, he would kill us knowing that we might sell him out of his mischief.

I groan in pain and walk back into my room to help my mother. My past is still a reality and I fear nothing can change that, and I know there is nothing I can do but stay strong.

* * *

I'm aware that this chapter is short but I just wanted y'all to know Dominic more. Also i'm having a major writers block so until next time. ♥♥♥