Let everything out

Lucyana's P/O/V

Calum took me to his apartment after the incident with the paparazzi.
I was kind of mad at him, because he didn't want to take me to my own house. I didn't speak to him and gave him the silent treatment all the way in the car because I wanted to. Not that he said much either.

We were finally at his apartment and he unlocked the door, walking straight in, not caring to hold the door for me.

I sighed, annoyed by his actions. He was my bodyguard for god sake, was it that bad?
I knew our past still got to him, but come on, it had been three freaking years. Grow up and move on! Plus, it was all a misunderstanding back then.

I walked inside the apartment as Calum turned on the light, and I took a look around. It wasn't that big, not like the house I was used to. There weren't that many pieces of furniture either. A simple couch in the living room with a coffee table, placed in front of a big TV.

And in the kitchen, an island was placed in the middle of the room and the rest of the kitchen-furniture were placed in a corner and went out on alongside the walls.
Like I said. It wasn't big, but it was cozy.

Calum walked into the kitchen opening the fridge.

"What do you want to eat?" he asked me. I just shrugged my shoulders not really caring, I wasn't really hungry.

He found some cheese and pasta and started to make himself some macaroni.

While he was cooking, I continued walking around the apartment, looking at pictures. There was a picture of his family that made me awe. He looked like he was ten, and I had to be honest. He was really cute.

I walked down a short hallway with two doors. One to the bathroom and the other must have been the bedroom.

I shouldn't go in there, I would cross a line, I thought to myself. Anyhow my curiosity beat me to it, and I slowly opened the door to his bedroom.

The bedroom was also pretty simple like the rest of the apartment. A big bed was placed against the wall, and to the left a big closet. I walked slowly towards the big furniture made of wood.

Without thinking, I opened the closet and looked inside. I knew this was wrong. But then I saw it.

The thing that united both of our pasts. I couldn't believe that he had kept it after what happened. I knew he blamed me, but he still kept it.

The ring.

The ring he was going to give her, before I...before she. He loved her so much. But I ruined it. For good. Then she died, and Calum was never to talk to me again, or so I thought. Now he was my bodyguard after all.

I picked it up from the small velvet box and studied it. The ring was hanging in a chain. Turning the silver-like metal, with 4 diamonds engraved, in my hand.
There was also a picture laying under the box. I looked at it. It was a picture of Samantha, Calum and me. We were all smiling.
It was from three years ago, before the accident. Calum and Samantha was 20 and I 17.

I got caught up in my own thoughts thinking of the past and didn't notice, when a tall figure came closer from behind me.

"What are you doing?" a dark voice.

I jumped, turning around, facing Calum who stood in the doorway into the dark room. But as soon as he saw what I had in my hands, he rushed to me. Quickly, he took the ring out of my hands and put it back into the box, placing it back on the shelf.

"What do you think you're doing?" he almost yelled at me. He looked at me furiously.
I didn't know what to do, I just stood there frozen.

"You kept it," I whispered looking down at my feet. "I'm sorry."

Calum sighed.
"The food it ready," he just said and walked back to the kitchen.

I followed him and he motioned for me to sit down on the couch and placed a bowl of macaroni in front of me. He began to eat in silence. None of us said anything and I just looked down at the bowl still not really hungry.

"I'm sorry," I said again. "For everything."
Calum looked up at me.
"It's past now," he just answered.

"But it isn't. You still keep ignoring me, still annoyed by me," I kept pushing

"And who's fault it that?" He looked straight forward, avoiding my eyes.

"See. You are still bothered about it."

He rolled his eyes and lent back into the couch.

"You were my best friend when the love of my life, died. And you...you left me when I needed you the most. Left to be a celebrity and forget about the people who actually loved and cared about you!"
He yelled at me, starting to get angry.

Now it was me turn to yell back. Plus he hurt my feelings pretty bad this time.
"Yes, I left when it happened, and I'm so sorry. But I was thinking about my future and you should have been happy for me, when  I got the offer I couldn't resist! And I didn't leave you! I came back, but you didn't want to see me at all!"

"Yes, maybe you came. But that was a whole year later. A whole freaking year when I was at my lowest point, and you weren't there!"

Calum was so frustrated and tears were forming in his eyes.
The same for me. I knew that I had left both him, but also Samantha. She was my ever best friend before I met Calum and I left her in a very depressive state, which had haunted me ever since.
I knew what I did was wrong, but I was afraid of getting too close to Calum at that time, and hurting Samantha.
"I was scared," I whispered not even knowing it.
Calum turned to me. "What did you say?" He asked, still with a raised voice.

"I'm sorry," I cried, truly meaning it. "I am so so sorry I left you and Samantha back then. I'm sorry for what you had to go through without any support. I hope one day you can forgive me." I looked down in my lap, tears streaming down my face.

Calum sighed, calming a little, and sat close to me. He ran a hand through his dark curly, wavy hair. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. I shouldn't have put all the blame on you."
I looked up at him. He still had tears in his eyes, as he starred into mine. Suddenly, without thinking, I throw myself into hugging him. I kept sobbing, as it took Calum a little while to get, what was going on. But he eventually rapped his big, muscular arms around me and hugged me tight. I buried my face in his shirt, I had missed those hugs from him.
But what did this mean? Were we friends again? We did get everything, we had held in for three years, out. And he didn't put the blame on me anymore. This has taken a big burden of off my shoulders.

But how did he feel about all of this?