Trouble at the police station

Calum's P/O/V

Lucyana bowed down at the container.

"Hey there," she spoke softly. "Why are you crying?" she held out her hand, for the person to take it. The person I still couldn't see.

A small hand took Lucyana's and she pulled the person up from the ground.

A little girl, about 7-8 years old, appeared. She had long dark hair and big brown eyes. She was absolutely adorable.

"Are you okay?" Lucyana asked the little girl. The girl nodded and held tighter around Lucyana's hand. I began to approach them.
But when the girl saw me, she quickly ran behind Lucyana, to hide from me. I stopped on my tracks, confused by her sudden moves.

Lucyana looked just as confused, switching her gaze from me to the girl and over again.

"Come with me, sweety. Are you hungry? Let's get you something to eat, then we can find your parents, okay?" Lucyana bowed down so that she was at eye level with the girl while she talked.

They kept holding hands as they passed me, the little girl still pressed tight against Lucyana's back. She was really afraid of me.

Lucyana and the girl walked towards a small café, while I kept my distance from behind, still keeping an eye out for any trouble.

I let them have their own table and I chose one nearby. I didn't want to scare the little kid.
Even tho I was sitting at another table I could clearly hear their conversation.

"What is your name?" Lucyana asked, still keeping her voice low and on a soothing level.
The girl answered with a silent voice, "My name is Clara."

"Hello Clara it is nice to meet you," Lucyana smiled. "My name is Lucyana." Clara gave her a little smile in return.

"May I ask you something, Clara?" Lucyana suddenly asked. The girl nodded.

"Why are you so afraid of Calum?"

I accidentally choked on my coffee I just got, which made people around me stare at me like I was a clown.

Lucyana glared at me, and I sent her an apologetic smile. She turned her attention back to Clara, waiting for an answer.

"My mommy has told me that men are bad," Clara answered her question. "Mommy says that I should stay away from them." She glanced nervously at me for a second.

"Oh," Lucyana leaned back into her chair, surprised by the girl's answer. I was surprised too. Guys weren't bad. Well, some were, but not all. Not me.

"Well, then listen to me," Lucyana leaned forward to get closer to the girl.

"Calum is not like that," she started. "Calum is the nicest guy I've ever met. He protects me and helps me whenever I need him. He is my best friend."

Instead of looking at Clara when she finished her sentence, Lucyana starred directly at me. She knew I was listening. I raised an eyebrow at her. I was glad she already felt that way, even tho it was only yesterday that we made up for our mistakes.

It surprised me a little, but I knew I felt the same.

We kept the eye contact for a few more seconds, and I could feel my heart start racing. Lucyana turned her attention back to Clara and I placed a hand over my heart. Stop, stop, stop! I thought to myself trying to stop my heart from exploding. What was this? Such a small thing made my heart flutter?

Lucyana and Clara kept on talking and also laughed a little. I was surprised. I thought that side of Lucyana had faded when she became a star. It felt like she had become a whole other person back then, but when I looked at her now with Clara. It made me realize that she hadn't changed at all. She sometimes just needed to put on a facade in order to keep her image.