Friends again?

Calum's P/O/V

We sat in silence for a minute. We had just let everything, we had held in for those years, out. A big burden on my shoulders had disappeared as I once again lent back into the couch.

It felt amazing to finally tell someone, what had been going on in my mind for some time now. And I knew she felt the same.

I looked at Lucyana, who still sat in silence with a tired look on her face.

"Let's go to sleep," I said. "I'll take the couch and you can have my bed."

"No, no. It's your house. I'll take the couch, and you, your own bed," Lucyana answered.

"No. I'll take the couch. You need a good nights sleep so that you are ready for tomorrow," I fought back. It was more important that she got her beauty sleep.

She shook her head. "Nope. No discussion. I'll sleep on this couch and that's it!" she patted the couch she was sitting on.

I gave her a tired look. When I was about to give up an idea popped up un my mind. I smirked.

"Okay. As you wish your majesty," I bowed overdramatically and turned around, slowly walking towards the bedroom.

Lucyana found some blankets and laid them on the couch, trying hard to make a comfortable bed. I sat on the bed and waited. She just needed to fall asleep, then I could continue my plan. Not that it was a great plan. I just wanted for her to have a good nights sleep that's all.

After about 15 minutes I rose from my seat on the bed and went into the living room. I looked at Lucyana as I made sure she was asleep. She slept on the couch with a blanket covering her body. She looked so peaceful and I hoped, I didn't wake her up.

I bowed down beside her, stayed as silent as possible. I slipped an arm around the body, one around her waist, the other underneath her legs. I lifted her up in bridal style.

She wasn't that heavy at all. Light as a feather. I carried her to my bedroom and put her on the bed. I then covered her with the duvet, making sure she was as comfortable as possible.

Before I left, I took a quick look at her. She silently snored and looked like a grown-up baby. It was adorable to be honest. I spaced out for a second, looking at her, when I snapped myself out of my thoughts. What the heck did I just think? Nope forget it. I thought to myself, cursing under my breath. No, no, no.

I left the bedroom and laid down on the couch, looking up at the roof. I couldn't sleep.  My thoughts were a mess for some reason, I couldn't figure it out. I was kind of lost at that moment. But after a while I finally fell in a deep sleep, tired after the long day.

The next morning I woke up to a sound coming from the bedroom. Someone was screaming of some kind. I looked at my phone to see what time it was. 6 am, it said.

I laid back into the couch again and sighed loudly. It was about time to get up and have a bath.

Suddenly the screaming from the bedroom became louder and I got up.

I ran to the bedroom door and opened it looking into a pitch black room. I turned on the light, which showed a Lucyana, who was yelling and kicking around. Her eyes were still closed, so I figured she was still asleep. She was dreaming.

I rushed over to the bed and bowed down beside her. She kept screaming, and this close I could see her crying too, tears and sweat dripping down her face. It most have been a scary dream.

"Lucyana," I whispered. "Lucyana, wake up."

I began to gently shake her, but nothing helped. Her kicking and screaming became louder. I stood up, shaking her harder. "Lucyana, wake up!" I yelled. "Wake up!"

She suddenly gave a deafening scream as she sat up with her eyes widely open. She began to silently cry, her head in her hands.

I sat beside her, and without thinking I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her into me.

"Shhh, it's okay. It was just a dream. It wasn't real," I tried to comfort her. After a little while, her crying turned into simple sobs and soon she became completely silent.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked her. Lucyana shook her head, hiding her face in my shirt. She was embarrassed.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, so quiet that I almost didn't hear it.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," I pulled away to look at her face, giving her a questioning look. She was red around her eyes and you could see that she had cried a lot.

"I must look so bad," she pulled away completely and looked the other way so that I couldn't see her face.

Suddenly she turned around to look at me again.

"Calum, can't we just start over again? Forget what happened back then and be friends again?" She asked with sorrow in her eyes.

I looked at her, taken aback of the sudden question.

"I don't think, we should forget what happened in the past, because our past is what makes us who we are as people," I told her. "But we have forgiven each other, and we both know that the past remains the past, and we can't do anything about it."

I sighed and pulled Lucyana into me once again. "But we're friends. We'll always be friends." I hugged her. She let out a relieved sigh and cuddle into my shirt once again.

A tickle appeared in my stomach, me not knowing why. It was so unknown and new like it had been years since I've had this feeling. What was it?

"You should go get a bath," I told Lucyana. "I'll go after. Then we can take you home."

Lucyana nodded and got up from her seat on the bed. She went to the bathroom and a little while after she came out, marking my turn.

About half an hour later we were both ready to go to Lucyana's house.

I was about to pick up the key to my car when Lucyana stopped me. "I want to walk," she told me. Confused I looked at her.

"Why do you want to do that? What if-"

She cut me off by raising a finger at me. "No discussion," she raised an eyebrow.

I put my hands up in front of me in defends and nodded.

"It's your call," I said. "I am just here to protect you."

Before we went out, I found an old baseball hat that Lucyana borrowed, so she was not too recognizable.

We went down on the street. It was only 7 in the morning, so there weren't many people on the streets. The few people that were on the streets, were in a hurry to work or something else.

When we had walked a little, a girl screamed running towards Lucyana with full speed. I stepped in front of Lucyana covering her from the screaming girl.

"Omg! Lucyana Snowheart, I love you so much! You're amazing!" she whined, her smile spread all over her face. Lucyana gently pushed me aside, giving me an assuring smile. She then turned her attention back to the fan and shot her a wide smile.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," her smile was warm and welcoming. The fan, who brought a lot of attention to herself, asked for a photo and a autograph. Some other people came over too, and I made sure that I didn't lose anything, making sure that Lucyana was safe through the whole time.

We were finally free from all the screaming and whining and we continued walking towards Lucyana's house. Suddenly something caught Lucyana's attention. She stopped on her tracks.

"Do you hear that,?" she asked me.

I looked at her, confused. "Hear what?"

She turned and walked into a dark alley, and I followed her close behind.
She stopped in front a small container and bowed down.

Suddenly I could hear it too. A soft crying from behind the container.

What was it?