Fixing Things

"You're late Himika!" Sakura giggled.

"Is Kakashi-sensei here yet?" Himika asked.

"Of course not..." Naruto sighed.

"Then I'm technically not late." Himika smirked.

"You just barely beat me here!"

The three of them turned to left quickly and spotted Kakashi, who walked towards them with a book in his hands. His new book.

"That was a dirty trick, Naruto." Kakashi sighed, remembering last night.

"Blame Himika!" He exclaimed. "It was her idea!"

Himika shrugged. "Not going to deny that one."

"I suppose that these books are my one, glaring weakness." Kakashi sighed, tucking away his book.

Sakura cringed. "Let's just get the mission already."

The group began making their way into the building, up the familiar staircase and to the Hokage's office. Kakashi reached out to knock, but stopped once he heard voices arguing inside.

"He could be dead! I have to leave!"

"I'm going to get a team together right now, Konoha will help Suna!"

"Gaara could be dead by the time you finish!"

Naruto kicked down the door.

Himika shook her head, looking from the exhausted Hokage to Naruto, who was yelling frantically. Temari stood to the side, adding in encouraging words as Naruto and Tsunade bickered.

"SILENCE!" Tsunade roared, and the room went dead. "I know you are all worried about Gaara, but I have to do this according to protocol! I am getting together a perfectly capable team!"

"We can get there faster!" Naruto interjected. "I'm a lot stronger now! So are Sakura and Himika! We have to go save Gaara!"

"I agree," Himika calmly said. "Our team is quite capable, all of us are fast, all of us are strong. Don't forget that we have Kakashi-sensei too."

"You know what?! Fine!" Tsunade grumbled. "Go pack for about a week and then get back here ASAP! You have fifteen minutes!"

The office cleared out and they all headed their separate ways. Temari waited impatiently next to Tsunade, her foot rapidly tapping as she thought of her brothers. Meanwhile, Tsunade was going through files, deciding on a team that she could send in as backup later.

~~~~~

The door to Himika's apartment flew open as she dashed inside and began barking orders.

"Hinami! Kentaro!" She yelled, catching their attention. "Pack some clothes in a bag for each of you! You have five minutes!"

"W-what's going on?!" Kentaro yelped.

"I'll explain on the way!" Himika yelled back, running into her room and not bothering to take her shoes off.

Himika shoved extra clothes and weapons into her mission bag, quickly. She already knew where she was taking Hinami and Kentaro, she just hated to drop by so suddenly and completely unannounced.

"Where are we going?!" Hinami asked nervously.

"A friends place," Himika replied. "Hurry it up!"

~~~~~

The Nara compound was huge and was surrounded by forest on almost all sides. There was only one path leading into the compound, and it was packed with Naras going about their business. Himika's eyes scanned over the rows of houses until she spotted the biggest one, Shikamaru's place. Himika's hands darted out and latched onto Kentaro and Hinami, yanking them forwards.