Friendly Spar

Himika was up bright and early the next morning, she wasn't someone who liked sleeping in so she tended to be up whenever the sun rose.

Silently, she slipped out of bed, quickly walking towards the bathroom so she wouldn't wake Sakura, who slept soundly in the bed beside hers. She locked the door behind her and changed into her clothes, also brushing her hair and pulling it up and out of the way.

By the time she left the bathroom, Sakura was just waking up, rubbing at her eyes tiredly.

"Good morning." Himika greeted her teammate with a cheerful wave.

"Morning..." She mumbled back.

"Are you feeling alright, you were up pretty late last night with all that poison stuff." Himika asked.

"I'm alright, and besides, you were up late too." Sakura replied.

"True, but I'm used to running on less sleep." Himika shrugged.

The two fell into a semi-awkward silence with nothing else to say. Himika took a seat on her bed and pulled out a small sharpening stone and a kunai. It didn't need to be sharpened, but it gave her something to do. Sakura picked up her clothes and went into the bathroom to change.

When she returned Himika stood up, putting away her things.

"Let's go see if Kakashi-sensei and Naruto are up," Himika said. "Kakashi-sensei should have Gaara's location so we can go retrieve him."

"Okay, let me just grab my gloves and we can go." Sakura replied, walking over to her nightstand.

She picked up the gloves and pushed them into her pouch for later, then nodding once at Himika.

Himika silently left the room, knowing that Sakura was following behind her.

Himika knocked on the door, a little awkwardly. "Kakashi-sensei, it's Himika and Sakura."

Kakashi opened the door, dressed in all his gear and ready for battle, further in the room, Naruto sat on his bed, also dressed and ready to go.

"Well team," Kakashi began, not a hint of his usual laziness/ drowsiness in his tone. "We just have to wait for Pakkun to arrive with the location of the Akatsuki and then we can go save the Kazekage."

Naruto and Sakura, cheered, making Himika feel slightly bad about not doing the same. She lazily punched the air.

"Uh... Woohoo?" She cheered or tried to.

Naruto just slapped her on the back, which didn't even make her stumble.

"That's the spirit Himika!" He exclaimed. "Let's go save Gaara!"

"We still don't have the Akatsuki's location." Himika said, making Naruto wilt.

"Oh, yeah." He mumbled, scuffing his shoe against the floor.

"So what do we do to pass the time?" Sakura asked, a hand on her hip.

Himika tapped her chin in thought for a moment, her face then morphing into a smirk when she looked at Sakura. Her eyes gleamed, and no one was sure if that was a good thing.

"Hey Sakura," Himika said, making the girl turn to her. "You up for a little spar?"

Kakashi paled, holding his hands up to stop his two physically strongest students.

"Now now, why don't we wait until we're back in Konoha?" He suggested nervously. "I don't want to destroy any of Suna while we're here."

"Come on sensei," Sakura pleaded. "It's only a little spar."