Road Block

Himika's eyebrows twitched in annoyance. An unnecessarily large group of Suna shinobi and kunoichi were sent to aid them in getting the Kazekage back.

"We don't need all these people." Himika huffed, crossing her arms in annoyance.

"This is our Kazekage!" A Suna kunoichi exclaimed, glaring at Himika. "We should at least help save him!"

"You'll only get in my way, so unless becoming a meat shield sounds fun, I suggest you back down." Himika replied, her eye flashing for a moment before switching back to brown.

The woman sweat nervously, taking a large step back.

"We're a team, we work best together," Naruto added. "I don't know how to work with unknowns."

Kakashi sighed, his pug summon Pakkun waited impatiently at his feet.

"If any of you get injured it will take me a lot more time to heal you because I am unfamiliar with your bodies." Sakura said sheepishly.

"Hey, Kakashi-sensei," Himika started, turning to her sensei with a question.

"Yes, Himika?" He replied.

"If we bring the meat sacks along, can I use them as snacks?" Himika asked with a blank face. "I can only use my kagune for so long and the more I use it the more tired I get."

"No Himika, I don't think Suna would appreciate if you ate their shinobi." Kakashi scolded her.

Himika shrugged. "A girl's got to eat."

The Sunagakure shinobi looked nervous, whispering amongst each other, that is, until an old woman made her way through the horde of shinobi, muttering things under breath.

"I don't need all of you tagging along, I'll go with the Konoha nin," She grumbled, slowly making her way over Kakashi. "Besides, this is my grandson we're dealing with, I feel partially responsible for him."

"But Lady Chiyo-!"

"I'm not some disabled old woman!" Chiyo interrupted the Suna nin. "I will be fine, and I won't be there alone."

Kakashi nodded cheerfully. "That's right, my team and I will all be there too, and I dare say that they are some of Konoha's finest."

Naruto grinned, giving off an air of smugness until Sakura lightly smacked the back of his head. 

"So all of you focus on protecting Suna and I'll be back with the Kazekage in no time." Chiyo ordered.

Temari decided she was going too, shooing the rest of the Sunagakure nin away.

They hesitated for a moment before nodding and walking away, leaving the old woman and Temari with Kakashi and his team. Himika narrowed her eyes at the old woman. For some reason, it seemed like all old people smelled disgusting, first Tazuna and Jiraiya, and now Chiyo. Himika decided that there was no way she would ever try to take a bite out of an old person.

"So, are we going to finally go save Gaara?!" Naruto exclaimed, hopping from foot-to-foot in excitement.

"Well yes," Pakkun grumbled. "But first we're going to meet up with Gai and his team."

"Alright, let's go!" Sakura chirped.

"I hate just standing around," Himika sighed. "Let's go already."

Kakashi smiled. "Lead the way Pakkun."

~~~~~

A man with a charmingly warm smile welcomed Hinami and Kentaro into the classroom, nudging them forward with a comforting gaze.