Believe In Me

A/N

Please note that I am changing things a little bit! Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon will be graduating soon, so in my version of Naruto, they are currently still in the Academy but will graduate soon!
(Please read the note at the end)

~~~~~

Lunchtime eventually rolled around for Konoha's Academy students, and Hinami and Kentaro found themselves wondering the halls, bentos in hand as they searched for a nice place to eat (of course there wasn't anything actually in her lunchbox, it was simply for show).

"So, what do you think about the Academy so far?" Kentaro asked his companion.

Hinami hummed in thought, tapping her chin idly. "I like it here, almost everyone seems friendly, and the history of this place is so interesting, even though I don't know much about it."

"I'm sure you can ask Shikamaru or Mr. Shukaku if you're that curious," Kentaro suggested. "I'm sure they know plenty about the village's history."

"Maybe I'll ask Himika," Hinami chirped. "There's a lot I want to talk to her about anyway."

Kentaro nodded. "She didn't exactly have a lot of time to explain all of this to us before she was whisked away on a mission to save some guy... Who was it again?"

"I don't know..." Hinami shrugged. "She said she had to go to Suna though."

"Hey, you!" A voice exclaimed. "You two! The older kids in the graduating class!"

Hinami and Kentaro turned around, their gazes landing on three kids, each of them a bit shorter than they were.

"Can we help you?" Hinami asked.

"You said Himika, right?" A boy wearing a long blue scarf asked. "And you mentioned a mission to Suna?"

"That's right," Kentaro nodded. "What about it? Do you know Himika?"

"Yeah!" A girl with orange hair exclaimed. "He saved Konohamaru a few years ago!"

"She's also big brother's Naruto's teammate!" A boy with rather large circular glasses added.

"So, would you guys eat lunch with us?" The leader asked.

Kentaro and Hinami shared a look, their eyes darting to Hinami's bento.

"Sorry, but we have plans for lunch," Kentaro said. "But if you want to meet up to chat later find us after class."

"Alright," The boy wearing a scarf agreed. "I'm Konohamaru by the way, and these are my friends, Moegi and Udon."

"Nice to meet you," Hinami chirped. "As I said in class, my name's Hinami, and my friend over here is Kentaro."

Kentaro nodded. "Now, if you'll excuse us, we have plans."

"Right," Konohamaru replied. "Enjoy your lunch, we'll see you in class."

The three of them walked off together, leaving Hinami and Kentaro alone in the hallway.

"This should be interesting," Hinami grinned. "We might get to hear about what Himika was like when she was younger."

"Yeah," Kentaro agreed. "I can't say I'm not curious."

"Well let's hurry up and find a place for you to eat!" Hinami chirped. "Lunch break is almost over!"

"Alright," Kentaro chuckled. "You fine with sitting outside?"

"Sure, I could use some fresh air," Hinami shrugged. "Lead the way."

~~~~~

Himika groaned, balling her hands into fists as she glared at the missing-nin from her home village.