Bookworms: Armin x Reader

Bookworms: [Armin x Reader]

Krista and Ymir waved goodbye to you as you started your shift in the library. “Good luck! See you tomorrow!” Krista whisper-yelled as Ymir dragged her.

“Good work! See you!” You whisper-yelled back and waved your hands at them. You smiled as Ymir wrapped an arm around Krista’s shoulders. God, Ymir is such a possessive girlfriend. Lucky Krista, being able to find her love so close by…  You sighed at your own though. I wish I was that lucky…

You turned around to the movable shelf that held the returned books. You pushed it around and rearranged them back to their respective shelves neatly. You proceeded your way to the next section, which was your favorite section: Myths.  You smiled and pushed the almost empty movable shelf. You stopped at the Myths section and neatly pushed the books back where they belonged.

Once you were done, you scanned every row of the shelves, reading each book title until you spotted one of your favorite. It was a book about mythical human like creatures that ate humans called Titans. The author, Isayama Hajime was also your favorite author and you often try to purchase his books, even though you’re often short in cash.

You reached out to the book and realized that someone else was also reaching in for the book. You turned to the side and saw a blond male with wide sky blue eyes looking right back at you. The both of your quickly out down your hands and apologized.

“Sorry! I didn’t see you there.” “Uh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you wanted it too.”

A moment of silence passed by as the both of you looked at each other, unsure of what to do. You reached out to the book and handed it out to him. He looked up at you with a slightly surprised look. “You can have it first.” You smiled at him.

He gently pushed it back to you. “Ah, no. It’s alright. I’m pretty sure you found it first.”

“It’s fine. I work here anyways. I have plenty of time to read this book.” You gently pushed it towards him.

“I-I’ve read it a couple of times. You can have it.” He blushed a little in embarrassment.

“You realized that if we keep this up we’ll be here all day, right?” You laughed a little. “Come on, just take it. I should get back to work anyways.” He hesitated a little but eventually he took it from you.

“Thank you.” He smiled at you.

“You’re welcome. I hope you enjoy the book again. The author is really good.” You smiled and continued to push the movable shelf to the next row of shelves.

The blond male stood there for a moment before smiling down at the book in his hand.

You were going through the log book when a soft ding from the service bell was rung. You looked up and saw a rather familiar blond male looking at you with a smile. He was holding out a book in his hand; it was the one of Isayama Hajime’s work. You then remembered who this man was; you met him about a few days ago. “I’m returning this.” He smiled.

“That was a little quick for a book with almost 500 hundred pages.” You smiled as well, gently taking the book away from him. He nodded.

“I’ve read it a few times, remember?”

“Did you enjoy it?”

“Every single time I read it.” He laughed a little. “Hajime-san is my favorite author.”