All I Want For Christmas is You: Bertholdt x Reader

All I want for Christmas is You: [Bertholdt x Reader]

Requested by: neekkooo

You stretched and let out of fierce yawn. You looked outside the wooden windows. The landscape was covered in snow and the sun was high up in the sky. You smiled to yourself at the beautiful scenery.

You were in Krista’s family longue along with a few of your friends who decided to celebrate Christmas together. You pushed yourself out of bed, cleaned yourself up and headed to the dining room for breakfast. There, you met Krista, Ymir, Bertholdt and Annie who were having a light conversation over breakfast.

“That makes Reiner last, so he’s going to have to rent us all ice skates.” Ymir grinned at your arrival.

“What did I miss?” You yawned, taking a cup of hot chocolate.

“Nothing much.” Annie said. “Just making the last person to get up pay for our activities today.”

“Phew, I’m glad I didn’t want to roll in those comfy sheets for another hour like yesterday.” You smiled. “So, what’s the plan for today?”

“Just a day outside in the snow, really.” Krista said. “Then we’ll have the gift exchange when we come back.” She gleamed, excited at the thought of Christmas gifts by the fireplace.

“Good morning…” Reiner yawned, entering the conversation.

“Reiner~ You’re paying for our activities today~~” You sang.

“What?!”

There was a lake nearby the longue that was frozen enough for ice skating. Reiner watched his money flew from his wallet as he rented the skates for everyone. You pushed your foot into the skates but struggled as you forced your feet into the skate.

Bertholdt walked over to you, noticing your struggles. He bent down on his knees before you, gently grabbed your ankle and the skate. You blushed as he helped push your foot gently into the skate. “T-Thank you…” You tried to push the heat in your face aside.

He smiled back at you, his face slightly tinted in pink. “No problem.” He helped you with the laces, knowing that your fingers are cold and quite stiff. He also helped you with the other skate. Once he was done, he offered you his hand. “Come on.”

You told your heart to calm down as you brushed your fingers against his. It’s so warm… The both of you took a step forward into the frozen lake. It was nerve wrecking to stand on the nearly ice with a couple of blades under your feet, even more nerve wrecking than being next to your crush. You tightened your grip on Bertholt’s hand as you place a foot on the ice, nearly slipping.

“It’s alright. I’ve got you.” Bertholdt gentle smile was about to melt the entire lake. You nodded and decided to put your faith in him. You put both your feet on the ice surface and smiled when you realized that the ice wasn’t going to break.

You looked around to find Krista already gliding around in ease while teasing Ymir who was struggling but doing a better job than you were. Annie was doing spins and other complicated moves while Reiner fell right on his face.

“I’m sorry,” You laughed nervously. “I’ve never really done this.”

“It’s okay, I’m willing to help you. I’ve got you, remember?” You nodded at him. You just stood still while he gently dragged you closer to the center of the lake. “It’s actually just being able to relax and balance yourself.” He explained. “I know you’re probably scared that those blades of yours might break the ice.”