My Litte Mermaid: Reiner x Reader

My Little Mermaid: [Reiner x Reader]

Summer was coming by quick and your school was about to have the annual Summer Sports Events. Being one of the best swimmers in your year, you and Annie Leonhart was selected as your class representatives for the females swimming event. “For the males swimming event…” The teacher’s voice trailed and looked around the class. Every boy avoided his glance.

Unfortunately, the only boy who knows how to swim had injured his shoulder and wasn’t able to enter the swimming competition. Now, your class needed a replacement for him and there were barely any choices.

“Since no one is going to volunteer,” The teacher nervously begun as he scanned the attendance list. “I’m going to have to pick one.” The boys’ breaths hitched as the words left the teachers words. Panic rolled in every single boys’ stomach and each second seemed to last like hours.

“Reiner Braun.”

Everyone turned their heads to the tall blond male at the back of the class. He froze for a minute and silence settled in the class.

“W-WHAT?!” Reiner shot up from his seat and his chair fell back. The teacher pulled the attendance book closer to his chest and backed up due to fear. “ME?!”

“C-Class dismissed!” The teacher whimpered and dashed out of the class.

“Wait! Sensei!” Reiner tried to chase after the teacher but the teacher was long gone. Every boy pulled out their books and tried to avoid eye contact with the muscular blond. The girls started to whisper among each other as Reiner stood by the door, his mind in a haze.

“But… I completely don’t know how to swim…”

You were walking to the train station when you passed by the school’s swimming pool and saw someone unusual there. You took a step closer to the fence that separated the pool and the streets and was surprised when you saw a certain someone staring at the pool.

“Reiner?...” You asked yourself as you watched him. He was in his dark swim suit; so his well-built body was exposed and was clear as day. You had to contain your blush even though you were pretty sure you were invisible to him.

You watched as Reiner talked to himself, repeating to himself how he should swim. He stood by the diving platform and crouched into position. He looks alright in that position, he just has to bend a little more… You thought to yourself. He took a deep breath and launched himself off the platform.

You immediately dropped your bag when you saw how Reiner launched himself into the pool. He was like a board and his entire body slammed onto the water with a huge splash, sending water everywhere. You rushed to the side entrance to the pool and immediately headed for the pool where Reiner was.

You jumped into the water without hesitating and swam right towards his body. Just when you were a foot away from him, he shot up from the water and gasped for air. “Reiner! Are you okay?!” You asked frantically, pulling him to the side so he wouldn’t choke on water.

“_____?” He panted as he clung onto the side of the pool. “What are you doing here?”

“I saw you by the fence…” You admitted.  “Your diving was terrible so I rushed in to see that you’re alright.”

He looked down as to hide his blush, which you were oblivious to. He turned to you once again as if to say something but when he saw you, drenched wet, words were stuck in his throat. The both of you stared at each other when you realized that your white school uniform was soaked wet.