My Introduction

My name is Jean Belle Solace. I live and grew up in Miami. I now reside in New York City. I may seem normal to you. Stereotype, some would describe me. But trust me, my secret changes that. I don't have a mom. She left when I was young and I know why. She had more important jobs to do. She controls something very important in the world. I have Greek blood. And now, you probably know what I am. I have ADHD. But I'm not dyslexic. I love to read. Which makes me different from most of my kind.

Have you guessed yet? Yeah. I'm a demigod. I don't need to be claimed cause I know who my mom is. Yes, I've read the Percy Jackson series. But the shit they go through is nothing compared to mine. It's a hyperbole when they say monsters are everywhere. Riordan was just twisting up the truth. He probably doesn't even know we actually exist.
I am allowed to use a phone, yes.
The only time I get attacked is when I'm too far from school.
The school I go to protects me. It hides my godly stench from the monsters. My mom occasionally visits me. But only on my birthdays and on holidays to drop off gifts at my dad and I's colonial style house. For my 8th birthday, my mom freaked when she found out a baby gorgon chased me when we went camping. So as a gift, she gave me lipstick.
When I uncap it, it turns into a Celestial Bronze sword, with a pinkish glow.
Yes, I know, very Percy Jackson indeed. Exactly why I loved it. I have it everyday. Never disappears from my pocket.

Now, time for the tea. I attend this 'boarding school', as people like to call it. It's just off the boarder of New York. This school is for special people. Every 2 years, a guy dies. They die because of me. I was cursed, because of the greed in the world. That includes my dad's greed.
He wanted more love than he could manage. My mom gave that to him. Zeus, the god of gods, noticed how my mom ignored her duties to be with me and my dad. So, being the big, buff jerk god he is, ordered his son, Ares, to do the dirty work.
Ares appeared on our front door, heartbroken. He was after all, my step-dad or whatever you may call it. My mom fell inlove with him back to Olympus.
We had a chat. I just call him Ares.
And, in a few minutes time, he wasn't him anymore. He stood up, bolt straight. And said:
"You, Jean Belle Solace, are cursed from this day forward. You will be your mother's reminder to not ignore her actual duties on Olympus.
Aphrodite, I know speak directly to you, when I say this. Your daughter has a choice to make on her 15th birthday. Her curse will be broken only by true love. Any love before that will be cursed. The week after her birthday, she will go to Camp Demigod and speak to the Oracle. Where she will find out a part of her destiny."
"A part? What do you mean by a part?" I ask furiously.
"Water! Please! Water!" Ares said back to his normal state.
I've never seen him so helpless before.
"Here." My dad said, handing him a glass of water.
"Thanks James, you saved a god's life. I shall bless you. And all that baloney. I gotta get going. Bye kiddo." Ares said ruffling my hair. He disappeared without another word.
"Mom. I'm cursed." I murmured.
"I know, we'll get through it. But, I have to go. You heard what Zeus said." And with that, my mom left, without a goodbye.

Know, I'm 14 and a half. I haven't seen my mom for 3 and a half years. She has been sending gifts through Hermes. But, I'm still mad at her. In 6 months, I'm 15. Believe it or not.