Chapter 2

9:17 p.m, 1st hour.

I

When the lights turned back on with a click, courtesy of Athena, Liam took a second to inspect the living room. Daniel was on the floor dead, with two bullet wounds, one nears his heart, and the other through his forehead. His gaze shifts. Liam smirked. He saw Shelly's mouth open and faced wide from shock. No doubt she was the one that screamed. Sliding his gaze over to sobbing Iris, his heart broke a little. She was his one true love but... that idiotic excuse of a man had to go ahead and marry her even after he knew Liam's feelings! The nerve! Speaking of the devil, he could see that Axel was trying to comfort Iris. Personally, Liam didn't mind the fact that Daniel was killed with the gun. He hated Daniel for what he did to Liam. Daniel had blackmailed him into giving up his company and then stripped him of his riches. Daniel had made Liam poor, and he didn't feel a bit bad when he died. No, he felt that Daniel deserved to die for the sins he had committed. Liam mused, But I wonder... if HE did it...

II

Jasper knew that someone should've addressed the elephant in the room. But everyone seemed to be in their own worlds, and he hadn't known what to do. To be honest, all he knew was flirting and seducing women, but that didn't seem appropriate at all in this situation. He didn't mind the fact that he had witnessed a murder, not if the murder meant killing his adversary - the one who Jasper had pure hatred for. As he pondered on what to say, an undaunted voice void of any emotion spoke up.

III

"Alright, enough of the acting, who did it?" Benjamin narrowed his eyes at every single person.

"Who said you didn't do it?" a sharp voice answered.

Benjamin, Taken back, snarled at Iris. "How could I have done it?"

"As I remember, and tell me if I'm wrong, you were the one Daniel was talking about before the lights went off. And it was a dirty secret, for certain. So I ask again, who said it wasn't you who murdered Daniel?"

Not knowing what to say, Benjamin resolved to glare at his stepdaughter-in-law.

"Okay guys, why don't we settle down. Stop throwing accusations at each other without any real evidence. Our nemesis is out of our way, and now we should just get on with our lives," Athena intervened.

Everybody quieted down and looked at Athena suspiciously. Then Axel cut in, "Nitha is right. The problem is solved, and we should worry about how we're going to get home."

Athena shot a grateful look to Axel. All of them walked to the door to go home. When they opened the door though, they were met with a problem.

IV

The snow was falling fast, and there was no way they could take their cars out on these roads.

Iris grumbled, "I guess not."

"Don't worry honey, I'll make sure that we'll have our date night tomorrow," Axel promised, "Until then, we'll have to spend the night here."

"Well, I ain't sleepin'," Benjamin said. "I don't think I could sleep knowing that someone just committed a murder."

"I don't think any of us could," Athena breathed out, gazing at everyone in front of them.

_______________________________________

A/N Hey Lovelys! Sorry this was a short chapter. I'll update again tomorrow!

Don't forget to like, comment and follow!

-Solarys

A/N:

"Stripped him of his riches" dang there's a hard core motive there. And maybe going to sleep in a house with a dead body and a potential murderer out on the loose? Dang these guys beter believe in luck cause somebody's going to die.

-Acelyst