Chapter 4

10:28 p.m, 2nd Hour.

I

Back in the living room, Benjamin and Charlotte were talking. They were talking about her novels Charlotte had written, and Charlotte was surprised to find that Benjamin had read many of her books. She was also surprised to learn that they had similar tastes in books. Charlotte had always thought that he was just the evil stepfather that no one wanted to have, and maybe he was, but as an individual, he was not that bad.

"So, have you read Bloody Money Murder and Murder at the Louver? They're two of my favourites." Charlotte gushed.

"Can't say I have," Benjamin muttered. "I'll look into it when I go back home. I ain't getting any reception in the darn mansion." Benjamin shakes his phone around.

"I don't expect you to. It is awfully stormy outside," Charlotte replied, gazing into the distance.

Just then, Jasper ran in with his arms full of packaged snacks. He dropped them on the coffee table and then sat down. Athena walked in a couple of minutes later, looked at the snacks, and smacked her head. She turned around and sprinted back into the kitchen. Moments later, she walked back in with a variety of doughnuts, churros, cookies, fruits, bread, and spreads.

Athena remarks, "Daniel may have been an alpha male, but he sure knew how to live the hype."

Glancing around, Athena asked, "Anthony still hasn't come yet? Didn't he leave right before us?"

"Who?" Benjamin looked puzzled. Athena snorted.

"Anthony, the butler, Stepfather," Athena bit back, matter-of-factly.

"Speaking of, shouldn't we... I don't know, maybe go check on him?" Jasper asked apprehensively. "What if..." His face turned white.

"What do you ..." Athena trailed off. She knew what he was thinking.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Jasper urged everyone and bolted out the gateway, with Athena on his heels. Charlotte and Benjamin shrugged at each other and followed them. Along the way, they met up with soaking Shelly and Axel, who was also slightly damp. When Athena gave Axel a questioning look, he mouthed, 'I'll explain later'. Athena nodded and focused on the task at hand. When they were about to reach the foyer, Iris and Liam met up with them, looking slightly flushed.

Athena and Jasper explained their theory regarding what happened to Anthony while they ran to the lobby entrance. Each person mirrored Athena's and Jasper's concern. When they got to the foyer, they found a bunch of firewood and the doors locked. They thought that maybe Anthony was in the restroom. They were turning around to head back when Shelly screamed. They all turned to glance at Shelly, who was gazing out the window with an expression that indicated pure disbelief and shock. They all shuffled to where Shelly was, and where they saw... 

_______________________________________

A/N: Hey Lovelys! Shorter Chapter this time! Sorry! 

Remember, I still need a cast for all the fellas in my book. I love yall! You guys are my favourite people for just reading it.

Don't forget to like, comment, or follow!

-Solarys

A/N:

Ok, Solarys is definitely rocking the cliffhangers. That's good for us, but not so good for you guys huh?

-Acelyst