Chapter 8

12:32 a.m, 4th Hour.

I

Charlotte had finally figured it out. She wrote it down on the leather book. She was so focused on finding the murderer that she didn't pay attention at all. She didn't notice the fact that the murderer had brought in a candle or the fact that he had set her on fire. She noticed later when she had finally figured it out. She then knew she was too late. It killed her, knowing that she had the answer to all of their problems, but she could do nothing but die with them. Suddenly, she knew how Liam felt. She looked hopefully at the leather book. Maybe it will survive when she cannot.

II

She figured it out, that little devil. Now it's time to eliminate her. I wasn't going to kill her, honestly, he thought. I was going to let her live. But she had to find out who it was. The murderer lit the edge of her dress with fire from the candle While she burned to death, the murderer took the leather book and hid it.

III

Axel, being the closest to Charlotte, figured out the situation first. Then he told everyone else. A couple of the people asked why he hadn't extinguished the fire first, then found them. He waved them off and asked them if they really wanted to waste time. That effectively shut them up.

They find a fire extinguisher near Iris's bedroom, and Jasper and Axel attempted to use the fire extinguisher. After ten minutes, they had finally managed to put out the fire. When they walked into the remains of the bedroom, to their horror, they find Charlotte in the bedroom, with charred flesh, and clearly dead. The smell was pungent, but that didn't matter. The murderer had finally died, being so stupid, and they couldn't be happier. They didn't notice the book was also gone. When Jasper pointed this out, Axel waved him off and said that it probably burned. Jasper realized that is was true and became happy once more. What they hadn't realized, though, was the book was leather, so it couldn't have been burnt.

IV

They were once again gathered in the living room, and Athena had to rekindle the fire, for the flames had been smothered since no one had attended to it. Now, they were happily munching on snacks and telling each other fun facts.

"You know," Athena said after an excessive amount of munching, "I have never broken a bone or sprained anything."

"Really?" Jasper muses, "that's interesting. Well, bet you didn't know this, being the player I am, you'd think I'm also a cheater, but I hate people who cheat on relationships."

"Huh. Well, I think you're lying," Shelly said.

"I'm. Not. Lying!" Jasper growls back at Shelly.

"Are too," Shelly says in a sing-song voice. Frustrated with Shelly, he stalked out of the living room with a candle in his hand. Athena gets up to get more snacks when Iris called girl talk.

"You two talk and Shelly'll tell me later." Athena nudges at Axel. "Go comfort your friend, my favourite brother of mine."

"I'm your only brother," Axel droned dryly.

"Exactly, now go," Athena said cheekily and lightly patted Axel's cheek.

Axel complied reluctantly. He got up off the couch and sauntered out of the living room. Athena left to go get more refreshments.

V

Iris needed to confide with someone about her interactions with Liam. And she knew it couldn't be Athena, for she was the brother of Axel, and Iris wasn't sure if Athena would be too keen on the fact that Iris was cheating on Axel with Liam. So, she had decided to tell Shelly. Although she wasn't sure if it was the best idea, she just had to get it out.

"I-I cheated on Axel," Iris told Shelly.

"With who?" Shelly inquires. Not why, not when, but who.

"Liam..." Iris fidgeted with her fingers and looked at her feet.

"Oh! He's not that bad looking, is he?" Shelly mused.

"No, he's utterly attractive," Iris sighs dreamily staring off into space.

"Then don't regret it." Shelly and Iris smiled secretly at each other.

"And can you please not tell-" Iris started.

"Yes, of course, I wouldn't dream of telling Axel." Shelly winks.

Iris leaves to go to the lavatory, and Shelly stayed to chat with Athena.

_______________________________________

A/N: Hey Lovelys! We're almost near the end of the book! Can you believe it? And I also have an idea for the new book. It won't be a mystery (and no murders), and it might be a bit cliche ( walking talking cliche, really). It is a funny book, with dares that no sane person would do. With Spring break coming up, I may post the rest of the book really quick, and even get started on the new book!

*Remember, I still need a cast for all the fellas in my book. I love yall!

Oh, and Don't forget to like, comment, or follow!

Have a Great Day!

Toodles!

Luv ya!

-Solarys