Chapter 7

12:06 a.m, 4th Hour.

I

Axel had thought that Jasper's idea of separating them was stupid. If there was a murderer, a logical person would think to stay in a group. Shaking his head, he keeps walking.

II

Benjamin had to use the washroom. When he was washing his hands, he hears a voice.

"I know you and I never really talked that much, and I don't think you had minded," the voice gurgled menacingly, "and it's nothing personal, really. I know you're not that bad of a person. But here's the thing, I don't really like you."

The murderer kicks Benjamin's back, causing him to grunt out in pain. He fell down, hitting his head hard on the floor, causing Benjamin's head to crack open, and the blood to coat the bathroom floor red.

The murderer squats down so they were face to face and murmurs, "they'll think you slipped. You've become really old, you know?"

With that, the murderer left Benjamin.

III

When Axel and Jasper met once again, they were both disappointed in the other. Neither had found matches, which meant they were both returning empty handed.

"Maybe Benjamin has some?" Axel said hopefully.

"Yeah! Maybe!" Jasper brightened up.

Axel and Jasper wandered aimlessly throughout the mansion looking for Benjamin. When they heard running water, they thought they had found him. And they did. Just not the way he was supposed to be. Benjamin was dead. Not wasting any time, Jasper shuts off the water and looks at Axel.

"We should go and tell the girls, shouldn't we?" Jasper sighs. "Let's go." He gets up, and together, they walk to the living room.

IV

Athena was the first to get back. Then Shelly. Then Iris, with he tear-streaked face. Few minutes after Iris had come in through the entrance of the living room, Jasper and Axel appear, ashen-faced.

When Jasper saw Athena's and Iris's sorrowful faces, he asked, "What happened?"

That was when Athena blurted it all out, starting from how they had decided to go tell Liam the news. When she got to the part where Shelly was unwilling to go down to the basement, Axel spoke up.

"Well, you think you're so high and mighty, don't you, princess?" Axel snorts and quirks his eyebrows at Shelly.

Shelly shied away.

Iris frowned.

Athena continued. She told them how they found Liam dead and finished off with how distressed they were.

Axel and Jasper relayed their part of the story and explained how they had found Benjamin dead in the bathroom. They had suspected that Benjamin had tripped, but now they realize that maybe the murderer wanted them to think that.

Looking around, Axel demanded, "Where's Charlotte?"

Iris and Athena looked at each other, "We need to tell Charlotte about the turn of events," Athena stated.

Together, the five of them marched to Charlotte's bedroom, where she was nowhere to be found. They looked at one another, panic on their faces.

"Okay, guys..." Iris started, "Let's think reasonable. M-Maybe she went to the bathroom."

"Yah. Iris could be right." Axel said.

"Hey, look," Jasper said, pointing at a book opened with a pen on top on the dressing table. "What's she writing?"

They all move closer to see what's written in the book. Gazing at the book Shelly gasps, her hands flying to her mouth. "It's like she already knows who dies. Or... She's the one who killed them."

"It's like who already knows who dies? Who killed them?" A voice asked from the door. The five of them sprang apart.

"See guys, she's not dead," Iris said from the corner of her mouth. Shelly snorted.

Looking in the crowd, she interrogated, "Where's Benjamin? A-And Liam?"

"She's really good at acting, isn't she?" Axel smirked at Charlotte.

Iris's voice became hollow, "They, um, died.."

This time, Charlotte's hands flew up to her mouth, and with a ghastly face, she whispered, "Oh no..." Then her gaze darted to her book. And then back to the people.

"Well... Yeah. Sleep on it. We're all tired," Iris said and nudged Athena.

"So sleepy," Athena yawned.

"Good night!" That was from Jasper.

Then they all went into their respective rooms and locked their doors. All except for Charlotte, oblivious to the situation. She, though, wouldn't be sleeping. She'll be figuring out the murderer, even if it took her all night.

_______________________________________

A/N: Hey Lovelys! Update time!

Remember, I still need a cast for all the fellas in my book. I love yall!

Don't forget to like, comment, or follow!

Have a Great Day!

-Solarys