Chapter 3

10:02 p.m, 2nd Hour.

I

They were gathered in the living room (after they had disposed of the body of Daniel), and no one quite knew what to say. Until...

"I'm cold," Shelly wined. Axel's gaze hardened and was about to spit out a retort when Iris chimed in.

"So am I." Instantly, Axel's eyes softened.

He softly said, "I'll make sure you are warm and cozy since this is going to be a long night." He turned to the butler and said. "Could you go out and get some firewood before the snow locks us in? I know you were the previous butler, and now you're not, but the thing is, I don't think any of us know how to do it. On top of that, I will not allow any of the girls to do any of the work."

"But Brother-" Athena started.

"I won't take no for an answer, sis. Remember that time when you-"

"Yeah, yeah, I remember. No need to shout it out." Athena gruffed out.

"It's alright miss. I'm sure you could do other things to help. Maybe gather a few snacks for us to eat?" The butler looks at her kindly.

"Alright," Athena grumbled.

"Let me come too," Jasper said. With that, the two of them walked out of the room.

Anthony rose up and said, "Well I better be going to get some more firewood. Sir," He nodded at them, "Misses," He bowed.

Axel exclaimed, "Well, I should look to see if we have any spare candles since I believe that the power will be going out soon because of this rapid snowfall. Would anyone like to join me?"

Shelly spoke up, "I will."

Everyone looked at her and asked, "You?"

"Yeah, sure, and people say that I have great eyesight," Shelly dismissively said.

"If she's going, then I'm going," Iris declared. Jealousy flared inside her.

Axel looked at the two of them and then sighed. "Babe, I think it would be better if you stayed here with all the people to keep you company. I don't think you want to come to the basement. I promise we'll just grab the candles and come back."

Iris sighed in relief, not wanting to go down to the basement, then she realized. "What about her? Why is she coming with you?" She pointed at Shelly accusingly.

"You see sweetheart," Axel said, "One, she asked to come just because." Axel gave Iris a pointed look. "And two, she could freeze downstairs for all I care. But I do care about you." Axel smiled sweetly at Iris.

"AWW, Gag," Shelly said bitterly, "Now are we going downstairs or not? We need to get the candles before the lights turn off." Smirking, Axel followed.

"I have a bad feeling about those two." Iris murmured to herself.

"Me too." Liam breathed right next to her. Iris jumped to look around at Liam, who was smirking. Iris smiled back.

"Do you, like, make an honest habit to scare women every time you meet them?" Iris demanded.

"Only the pretty ones," Liam replied with a grin. Iris blushed a deep red.

"Wanna see if there are enough bedrooms for us to use tonight?" Iris asked.

"Go on, you two. Charlotte and I will just be talking." Benjamin shoos them away. "Young love," He mutters, quiet enough so no one hears.