Chapter 12

A/N Don't forget to read chapters 9, 10, & 11 before you come here! (I am updating the rest of the short story, so you might be skipping chapters. Don't do it. Read before... If you did, good job, and continue!

LAST CHAPTER!

Enjoy!!!!

_______________________________________

3:17 a.m, The Beginning of the End.

I

Athena walked out her bedroom upstairs to see Shelly dead on the floor with her skin around her neck rubbed raw. She stifled a scream and ran into Iris's room, which was right next to hers.

She saw Iris sleeping with her face in the pillows. She went over to wake Iris up, but no amount of shaking, kicking, and screaming in her ear woke her up. It was almost like... Holding her breathe, she placed up two fingers on Iris's wrist. She held still. She held onto all hope. But nothing happened. Athena couldn't feel Iris's pulse. Iris was no longer among the living.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" Athena runs out the bedroom, "Whoever's killing everyone, just stop! What have they ever done to you? No person could deserve this fate, no matter what sin they commit!" Athena cried hysterically.

"What is it? What happened?" Axel ran upstairs.

"She, she is dead! I-in her-her bed. Why did she have to die? She didn't do anything. Sh-She was just SLEEPING! I-is that a crime now?" Athena hiccupped.

Axel reached out to soothe Athena. Athena shrunk away from Axel's arms. She looked at Axel with distressed eyes.

"I'm so scared... I don't... I can't..." Athena burst into a new fit of sobs and ran into her room.

Just then, Jasper comes up. "What is happenin...?" Realization struck Jasper, "You killed Iris, didn't you? You actually killed her!" He said with a laugh.

"I did no such thing!" Axel denied.

"Admit it Axel, you did this! You couldn't just let things be. You were too quick to accuse Shelly of lying, but this time you wanted to kill Iris so we couldn't testify the truth."

Axel snarled, "My wife would NEVER cheat on me."

Jasper pulled out a gun and aimed it at Axel. "Shut up! Admit it. You started this ugly mess. You killed everyone off one by one. Well, I'm here to finish what you started. I love Athena and I don't want you to hurt her too. You either admit it, or I'll tell her."

Axel glared at Jasper, but he didn't reply. Jasper takes aim and shoots. Twice.

One went through his heart, and the other, through his head.

Athena enters the room at that same instant...

II

"You were the murderer the whole time?!" Athena shrieked. "I even regret suspecting that it was Axel and not you. I was going to give you a-!"

I didn't ki- well, yes, I killed Axel, but only him. Don't you see? He was the murderer." Jasper tried to reason with Athena, but she was having none of it.

"Why did you have to kill them? Where you also going to kill me? Whatever in the world possessed you to do it?"

"I'm telling you! I didn't do it!" Jasper insisted.

Athena laughed bitterly, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me Twice, shame on me," and with that, Athena pushed him. Hard. 

Instead of land on his butt, he fell back. Behind him were stairs. A lot of stairs. As he fell back, he locked his eyes with Athena and whispers, "Love you, always."

_______________________________________

Awww... Was that heart touching or what? Not the part about Jasper dying (I'm not a Sadist), abut the part about Jasper telling Athena 'Love You'. Even dying at the hands of Athena, he still cared about her. It almost made me cry, and I don't cry because of books (only one so far). 

So... Moving on. Hey Lovelys! This was the Last Chapter, and there WILL be an epilogue coming up next. Then I'll start the new book.

Have a great day! Don't forget to like, comment, and follow!

-Solarys