Deleted scenes 1.8

Star City

The Day before the wedding rehearsal. 

"Bucky!" Everyone in the Barnes-Carter family cheered as their favorite soldier entered his mother's bar with Laurel carrying some food to the family gathering. Sharon Carter were among them. It was nice to be with his family once in while. It brings him a sense of normalcy in his rather chaotic life. 

"Baby can I borrow you for a minute?" Michelle requested as Bucky was passing some candy to some of his cousin's kids subtly. "There's something I need to discuss with you in private."

Seeing the serious look on his mother's face, Bucky nodded and they went to a corner for a private discussion.

"Has Aunt Serena gotten worse?" Bucky asked referring to his aunt's arthritis with a worried tone. 

"Her arthritis has definitely gotten to the point where she's having difficultly holding onto things, especially when she's tired." His mother told them, not sugarcoating anything. "I saw her with the huge boxes and furnitures."

"I'm sorry, Ma. is there anything they can do for it?" Bucky asked, Laurel was making funny faces to make the children laugh in the background.

"There's no cure for getting old, James."  Michelle told her only child earnestly. "Your aunt should be on a beach not cursing at every rude customer in the Glades every two damn seconds."

"I know." Bucky agreed with her assessment. "Btw there's something I've been meaning to ask you uh... do you still have Dad's engagement ring?"