𝐢𝐢. 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘴

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 │ reign .

New friends again and again,Gone when the morning comes

Gone when the morning comes.
Demons I try to defend,
But I couldn't get enough.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Breaking through Lucrezia's walls started to look like an impossible thing to do. They were as close now as they were on the day they met. Close as strangers, more precisely. They couldn't even speak properly due to their schedules: press conferences, private meetings, TV appearances and so on. As if that wasn't enough, she was constantly flying from Canberra to Rome to solve some unexpected internal problems and he wasn't allowed to leave his country, because his presence was very much needed here, according to his parents. His brothers were away, so he was forbidden to leave until they came back. It was frustrating, to say the least.

But he wasn't going to give up. Not yet.

It was past midnight when he considered it's time to break the formalities again. He left the wing he was sleeping in and ordered the guards to keep their mouths shut and pretend they didn't see anything. Soon enough, he found himself in front of Lucrezia's apartments. The only thing that was keeping him away from her were her own royal guards, men that seemed tougher to crack.

"Excuse us, Your Majesty, but we cannot let you in."

Now that was indeed a problem. He couldn't use his authority to open the doors, nor bribe them. But there had to be a way to get inside. It was ridiculous, she was going to be his wife and he still needed permission to enter her room? Unacceptable.

"I understand and appreciate your concern for my fiancée," Luke replied, trying his best to convince them to let him through, "but I have urgent matters to discuss with the princess. I would not be here if it could have waited until morning light. It shall not take too long."

After a few moments, the head of the security nodded his head, then gestured for the prince to go inside. He muttered a polite and rushed thank you before walking through the door.

To his surprise, his wife-to-be was still up and she didn't look like she was about to go to bed anytime soon. She wasn't expecting him but again, it was late and it was unsuitable of him to visit her at this time of the night. Yet here he was.

"Apologies, Lucrezia, but I felt the urge to see you," he said, quickly looking around the room to check if they were alone. The last thing they wanted was for someone to see him sneaking in and out her room. He wouldn't live to hear the end of it if reached his mother's ears.

She closed her laptop, curiosity sparking in her dark eyes. It wasn't hard to tell that she was taken by surprise, otherwise he probably wouldn't get the chance to see her wearing a satin nightgown yet. "There is no need to apologize, Prince Lucas. I'm sure you had your own reasons for paying me an unexpected visit. Please, have a seat."