𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘯𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 │ reign .

Fading away, fading away, wake up to someonewith nothing to say

with nothing to say. I'd never change, thought
I'd never change, then you come
and change it all.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Lucrezia!" Prince Lucas yelled, deep in his heart hoping that she'd still be around here somewhere. She was supposed to reply, to come out of wherever she was hiding and he would wrap his arms around her and tell her how much he missed her all the time while she was away. He would apologize for what she saw moments ago. But she wasn't here anymore.

The adrenaline was starting to build up in his bloodstream, his head was spinning and it had nothing to do with the alcohol that burnt his throat tonight, or the drugs he took to get the party started. No, he almost felt sober—but as soon as he realized what he'd done, he started to understand the weight of his actions. Without thinking twice, he hailed a cab and asked the driver to take him home as quickly as he could. He hoped she would be there. She didn't have elsewhere to go, right?

He was going to fix this. He had to.

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

A week passed since the Italian princess paid a surprise visit to the man she was supposed to be wed to and she decided it was time for her to return to Australia once again. She went straight to the airport that night, turned off her phone and flew all the way to Portugal to visit one of her cousins, take her mind off a few things and handle some diplomatic matters that required her attention. During her spontaneous trip, Luke called several times, asking if he may speak to her, but her personal advisor was trained to deal with these situations, so he told the prince that she was unavailable for the moment, that she would call back as soon as she finishes her duties, but she never did. Did what she saw that night bother her? A little, yes, but she didn't know why. Maybe it was her wishful thinking that led to the sick feeling she had in her stomach when she saw him at the club. She had been aware of the rumors, but seeing him like that with her own two eyes hurt. She wasn't ready to go back to the palace and she had no idea where else to go, but she knew she had to leave the country for just a little bit longer.

But now she had to come back.

As soon as she set foot on Australian ground, she was welcomed by the royal staff. She was expecting it, though. It was protocol after all, but what came to her as a surprise was the man that stood in front of her as plane doors opened. Lucas.

"Leave us," he commanded and gestured for the staff to get them so privacy. He looked messy, troubled almost, but she could see a hint of relief in his eyes. Luke didn't say anything to her. Instead, she found herself caught in his embrace, her tiny frame covered by her fiancé's body.