𝐯. 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 │ reign .

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The night passed without another word being spoken. The Italian princess was the first one to fall asleep in her fiancé's arms and she didn't wake up until the first rays of the morning sun chased away the darkness. Her eyelids fluttered right before she opened her eyes. The first thing her eyes fell upon were his strong arms, wrapped around her body to keep her as close as he could. She turned around slowly, now facing him. Prince Lucas' face was inches away from her own, she was close enough to feel him breathing against her skin. Lucrezia didn't move anymore, she didn't want to wake him up. Behind his back, she spotted a clock on the wall—it was almost noon. Last night, they both agreed to leave to Italy right after sunrise, but she simply couldn't bear to wake him up.

He looked so peaceful when he slept. Beautiful, she almost dared to think. She was grateful for the way they worked things out last night. It didn't take long until he started to move, a clear sign that he was about to wake up. He still held her in her arms and squeezed her lightly to stretch his muscles before he opened his eyes and gazed right into her dark ones. He couldn't help the amused smirk that grew on his lips.

"Are you staring at me, Principessa?" He teased her as one of his hands ran down her back, gently caressing over her nightgown's fabric. "That's rude."

"Good morning to you too, Luke," Lucrezia replied, a chuckle escaping her mouth. "I wasn't staring, I was just—" but what he didn't know was that she had no idea what she was doing. Was she really staring? The only thing she knew was that somehow, Lucrezia got lost in how calm he was when he slept.

"Sure, whatever you say." Ge wiggled his eyebrows, then he caught one of her brown locks between his fingers and he started to play with it. "I feel like it's pretty late, isn't it?"

Lucrezia nodded. "Mhm. I forgot to set the alarm and you didn't ask anybody to wake you up, so here we are. Sorry, I was really tired last night. I didn't expect to fall asleep on your couch."

"What do I need to do to make you stop apologizing to me? It's more than alright to sleep in my room whenever you want, please stop saying you're sorry."

"How come you didn't move to the bed eventually?"

"And let you sleep on the couch, all by yourself? No way. Besides, I fell asleep right after you did." Luke cupped one of her cheeks with his hand, contemplating how delicate she looked in the morning. Her skin was glowing and there were no signs of worry left. Waking up with her by his side was a strange feeling, but it was the kind of feeling he'd like to get used to.

"We, uh—we should get ready to leave. How much time do you need to get ready?"

He found it extremely amusing how she switched moods so quickly. Lucrezia's cheeks turned into a soft shade of rose and he wondered if her actions will ever fail to surprise him. "I just need to get dressed and so do you, our staff with take care of the rest. Our luggage will be shipped with another plane, most likely. But you are right, we need to leave as fast as we can. I didn't mean to sleep in, I guess I was more tired than I thought."