𝐯𝐢. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫 │ reign .

We don't talk much, not anymore

Broken bottles and slammin' doors,
But we still care about each other.
Say we care about each other.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Silence fell over the Italian Castle. Most of the servants have been dismissed, leaving some privacy to the royal family. The moonlight peaked through the windows, enlightening the chambers of the crown princess. She stood at her desk and held her face in her hands as she thought about today's events.

Supreme Commander.

Although it should've been no surprise for her, she didn't expect to receive the title so early. But what scared her the most was that she was one step closer to becoming the ruler of the land. And that was something that often kept her up at night. She was born to do this, but it always felt like something that will happen later in the future. She was already handling most of the diplomatic matters and now she was in charge of the army. Her father was slowly preparing her for the day she'll wear the crown. And she already felt the burden.

A long sigh escaped her lips, disturbing the silence. This was supposed to be a moment of joy and pride but to her, it was something else added to the weight on her shoulders. It was easier to advise than to be the one in charge, people could not blame you for the result of your decisions. But now, they could.  She had never been interested in conquering foreign land, but if anything came even close to threatening her family or her people, she would show no mercy.

It was like a game of domino. Once the first tile had fallen, the rest would follow. But it required patience. Lucrezia did everything she could to protect the borders and the key points, all there was left to was to wait for the war to start.

"May I disturb you with my presence?" A joyful voice belonging to her fiancé dragged her out of her thoughts. His expression darkened at the sight of her. She wasn't as enthusiastic as he thought she would be, that much he could tell, but there was something else bugging her.

He wrapped his hands around her neck, embracing the frowning princess from behind and rested his head on top of hers. "What's bothering you, Lucrezia? Talk to me."

There was no use to deny that she wasn't familiar with this type of affection. At least not from him. Prince Lucas was a hard person to read and understand. He was a man of extremes, either hot or cold, she could never predict what he'd do next or what was going on in his mind. Was it indeed concern? Was it a way to get her to trust him? Lucrezia shook her head—she didn't want to doubt him now. She needed at least one steady thing in her life at the moment. Besides, she was going to spend eternity by his side, doubting him would only bring her pain and restlessness.