𝐢. 𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘 │ reign .

The stupid truth is I'm so bad for you

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

PALACE OF CANBERRA, 2019.

It's been almost a week since the royal engagement announcement has been made. The controversial Prince of Australia was now betrothed to the mysterious Princess of Italy, who was expected to arrive to her new residence soon. The media would kill for a picture of the bride-to-be, the woman who tamed the heart of the reckless prince. Or so they thought. Their parents arranged every detail of the lie: how they met, how they hopelessly fell in love. But behind all this, there was the naked truthtoday, the young lovers will meet for the very first time.

"For the sake of this girl, Lucas, behave," the Queen pleaded for the hundredth time. The princess landed in Canberra moments ago and the whole palace was buzzing. The Australian royal family arranged a warm welcome for their new daughter-in-law, but there was only one problem left unsolved: the prince wanted nothing to do with her.

"Mother, do I really have to be here to greet her? She knows it's all a set-up, after all." It was clear that he was annoyed with this whole situation. The headache from last night's party wasn't gone yet and the last thing Prince Lucas wanted to do right now was to act like a gentleman to a stranger.

"It's your duty as a prince. Now do something about this attitude of yours, she will arrive any second from now and I don't want her to feel unwelcome because of you," she ordered, earning an eye roll from her son.

The doors of the palace swung open as a bunch of Italian royal guards announced the arrival of their princess. All the heads turned in their direction and the noise had been replaced with silence. That's when he saw her.

In spite of her height, the Italian princess had an elegant, breathtaking figure. Everything about her was delicate, yet sensual. There weren't many pictures of her online and none of them did her justice. She was quite a private person—well, as private as a member of the royal family could be—and didn't show her face too often to social events. Instead, she made her voice heard through her actions. As crown princess, she stood right beside her father, always having a word to say when it came to political or diplomatic matters.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Lucrezia Louisa Borgia of Italy."

Time stood still as Luke's eyes met hers. Beautiful was not enough to describe her and suddenly, he wasn't that irritated about being forced to marry a stranger. Little did he know what was going through his fiancée's head right now.