𝐢𝐯. 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘴

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 │ reign .

Back when you told me, Told me who you want me to be,Said that you know me, Know me like I couldn't see

Told me who you want me to be,
Said that you know me,
Know me like I couldn't see.
Give me your armor,
Told me that it weighs you down.
Tied to your honor,
Weighs about a thousand pounds.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The night fell peacefully over the Australian castle. Most of the servants were asleep, except for the guards. And some of the royals. Princess Lucrezia's mind was clouded by many thoughts that didn't let her rest. Tough decisions waited to be made. It was time for her to set things straight.

She left her chambers dressed in a light pink nightgown that resembled the Sturt's desert rose. One of Australia's emblematic flowers. She didn't say a word to her ladies-in-waiting or to her guards. Instead, she hurried down the empty hallways and headed straight to her fiancé's apartments.

Political matters, she told herself. Remember, you're going there for political matters.

The princess stopped in front of his doors and politely greeted his guards. "Good evening. Please excuse me for disturbing you in the middle of the night. I must speak to Prince Lucas. Urgently, if I may," she requested, hoping to get a positive answer.

The sentries exchanged glances but stood still. "Apologies, Your Highness. The Prince is not available for the moment," the man with a superior rang spoke, earning a disappointed look from her. She did not expect that.

What could possibly keep him so busy this late? Before her mind could start wandering, they have been interrupted by someone clearing their voice right behind them.

"Your Highness," the three men addressed him and bowed in respect.

"Cut the crap, Sir Oliver," Lucas snapped. "Why is my fiancée being held at the door?"

The man that spoke to her earlier, now introduced as Sir Oliver, excused himself. "You ordered us to keep anyone outside, Sir. No exceptions were stated." He turned to the foreign princess and lowered his head in respect. "Please accept our apologies, Ma'am. We are terribly sorry."

"There is no need, Sir Oliver. You were only doing your duty. I respect that. Thank you for your loyalty to my prince." She tried to end the discussion. The last thing she wanted was to start a conflict between Luke and his staff members.

The prince sighed. "I'm not going to be as polite as Princess Lucrezia, so listen carefully to my words. No matter what happens, you will never question my future wife's motives for her visits, whether announced or not. You will let her inside and contact me as quickly as you can. Understood?"

No verbal reply came from the guards. All of them nodded, then bowed once more before the royal couple. The doors swung open and Prince Lucas invited his wife-to-be inside.