𝐢𝐱. 𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘪𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘺

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 │ reign .

And there's a dazzling haze, A mysterious way about you, dear

A mysterious way about you, dear.
Have I known you twenty seconds
Or twenty years? Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?

°   .   *  DEDICATIONS: lover-of-mine ( thank you for holding me at gun point to continue this story, you're the real mvp )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Time has a tendency to fly quicker when you feel peaceful. So for the two heirs who fell asleep in each other's arms once again, the night went by too quickly and now the morning light threatened to pass through the windows, invade the guest bedroom and disturb the sleeping royals.

Lucrezia couldn't remember the last time she slept so well. Last night, she felt like she lifted a weight off her chest and she could finally rest. She was far from having a harmonious lifestyle, a world war was right outside the windows, but every small fight mattered. Even the ones that didn't involve blood of any sort. She knew she made the right decision when she turned down Sébastian's marriage proposal and he would need some time to come up with another strategy, so she allowed herself to take the night off. Many sleepless nights were to come, she needed all the rest she could get.

Her eyelids fluttered; she was about to wake up. The princess slowly opened her eyes and blinked twice to clear her blurry vision. The first thing her eyes laid upon was the image of her fiancé peacefully sleeping. Is he dreaming of something? She asked herself, wondering how could someone be asleep and look so calm and beautiful. Lucrezia sighed softly, hoping that he has a dreamless sleep. Dreams, as wondrous and soothing as they could be, didn't let your mind and body rest through the night and stormy times awaited.

She thought about the life he used to have before fate and politics brought them together and wondered how it felt to have no care in the world and live every moment to its fullest. It must be nice. Dangerously nice, if anything. Once you make a habit out of this, it was difficult to remind yourself the real world exists and you have responsibilities that need to be taken care of. For a moment, Lucrezia felt a sting in her chest. She knew he could never go back to his previous habits because of this engagement. And she knew she was the reason why his life was going to take a sudden turn. That's what getting involved in politics and international affairs got you. Instability. She could never blame him if one day, he decides he doesn't want to be part of this anymore. As long as he will be standing with her, he will know no peace.

"I wouldn't mind if you made a habit out of staring at me while I'm asleep." Luke's growly morning voice burst her bubble and brought her back to reality. She was so caught in up her thoughts that she didn't notice he woke up until he spoke.