The Jumping

*edited*

I flop onto my bed with a load moan. This had been a long day.

I plug in my headphones and click on my favourite song Lullaby by Nickelback. I just lay there for about an hour staring at the ceiling, dazed.

All of a sudden Yasmin comes barging in and sits on the rolling chair by my desk.

"Can I help you?" I ask as I lean on my elbows and give her a dirty look.

"Look Kira. You are my sister, and I love you and all that but, please don't embarrass me at the new school tomorrow like you did in the old" she states, giving me a stern look.

"Okay promise. Now get out" I say with no passion.

"I'm trusting you"

"Yeah, yeah whatever" I snap

I return back to my music when I suddenly drift away into sleep.

After a nice long nap I am awoken by Yasmin jumping on my bed.

"What. On. Earth. Do you. Think you are doing?" I emphasize.

"Mom said to wake you up for dinner" she says smiling as she jumps off my bed.

"So you thought the appropriate way to wake up someone who was peacefully sleep is to jump like a maniac on their bed?" I question.

"Whatever. Just come okay"

I growl at her as she walks out the door.

I wasn't even hungry, but I guess food is always a good comfort for nerves.

Mum had made a lovely Mac and Cheese and my nerves, no not me, devoured the whole plate.

My stomach was full and it was time to get ready for bed. After a nice hot shower, teeth brushed and hair combed, it was time to drift away again.