Chapter five: Save it for later

-Sakura's POV- "Your place looks amazing Sasuke, you must spend a lot of time looking after it" Sakura said, attempting some small talk.

It was true though. The apartment was a combination of modern traditional. It had a minimalist feel to it. Sakura enjoyed how sophisticated it all looked.

"I'm away most of the time. I do little around here" he said. Sakura gave a nod.

They entered the kitchen and Sasuke took two plates from the cupboard and handed them to Sakura. As she started to plate up the burgers and side dishes, she caught Sasuke's lip quiver. As if the food grossed him out.

"Have you ever had a burger before Sasuke?" She asked him.

Sasuke shook his head but kept his eyes fixed on the food. "It looks unappealing"

Sakura laughed a little and handed him the plate of food. "I think you'll enjoy it. Just give it a try" she persuaded.

Sasuke exhaled and took the burger in his hands, as he had seen in the advertisements, And eyed it with suspicion. Almost as it were an enemy ninja.
Sakura decided to take the lead. She picked up the burger with her hands and took a bite. The beef patty was juicy and delicious with the fresh crisp salads.
Sasuke followed lead and tried his burger rather awkwardly.
He chewed his food slowly.
Sakura tried to analyse his facial reactions but it was too hard to tell.
Finally, he sallowed and turned to her.

"It's alright" he said in a quiet voice, almost a whisper. But Sakura took the complement none the less. Feeling kind of special she got the stubborn ninja to try out new things.

Sakura smiled and the two continued to eat in silence. It was nice silence though, not awkward. She felt comfortable around him.

The two ninja finished there meals. But Sasuke was the first to speak. "Thank you" he said as he pushed his plate to the middle of the table. Sakura smiled warmly at Sasuke.

And then there was silence.

Sakura really wanted to address what had happened that weekend. Her memories were still hazy but she knew it had been a disaster. She inhaled deeply...

And exhaled.

"So about the other night" she started.

"Don't worry about it." Sasuke interrupted. His eyes were closed. He looked tired.

Sakura tensed and frowned in annoyance. "I am worried about it Sasuke. I-I made a fool of myself and I think I may have done so-"

"I said, Dont worry about it Sakura" The Uchiha spoke sternly, A deep frown set on his face.

The pink haired Kunoichi looked down into her lap. She felt so defeated. It was as if Sasuke wouldn't even try to understand how the whole situation made her feel. After all the time she spent in sorrow, afraid for his life at every moment. He was still just the same emotionless jerk doing the same hurtful things. Sakura tensed up and her fists clenched in her lap.

Now she was angry.

Sakura stood up abruptly from the table causing her chair to squeak against the floor. She looked down at Sasuke, but not directly. She kept her glance to the side.

"You just don't even try to understand, do you?" She questioned him in a low tone. He kept his head low so Sakura couldn't see his facial expression.

It had seemed there evening was finished.

Sakura took her jacket from behind the chair and made her way to the front door. She kept her eyes forward, no matter how much she wanted to look back. It was difficult.