Lack of Trigger Warnings (Please Read)

Hello to all readers out there!!

First off, I want to say thank you so much to each of you that have read this story and enjoyed it throughout the emotional struggle. I appreciate you for giving it a chance and going into it with an open mind and heart. You're awesome! 💜

As you probably noticed, I fail to put trigger warnings in advance of a traumatic or emotional abusing chapter... so pretty much before the entire book. (There you go. Your warning, I guess🙄😂)

My thoughts on trigger warnings are most definitely very biased and that's only because I feel that you cannot ALWAYS be emotionally prepared for something that you can't handle in life.

I have never apologized for not putting trigger warnings in this story and I never will.

Not because I'm insensitive, but because I feel it interrupts the story flow and I want the scenes to be an emotional slap in the face sometimes because that's what emotions do...

They sneak up on us.

But how can they do that if there's warnings everywhere?

!!!"WARNING ! BEWARE! CAUTION! THIS WILL MAKE YOU FEEL *BLANK*"!!!

I know most authors are very understanding of the fact that trigger warnings are becoming a necessity in the world, but I also feel that it is also something that gives sensitive people some sort of a superior feeling that they can tear those of us with thicker skin down, because we made people want to feel something.

Yes; it sucks to feel certain feelings, but I personally think it's a big part of the human experience. Especially having emotions that you weren't ready for and having to deal with them on the spot.

When people slander me because I wrote this book and threaten me to take it down and to put up trigger warnings, I laugh. (Call me crazy. I probably am)

The fact that this has become so powerful to have certain readers stoop to a level of bullying is baffling and actually quite hypocritical.

So it's okay for you to message me and @me in the comments and call me a stupid, crazy, sick and insensitive bitch? But it's completely NOT okay for me to make you feel some type of way without a warning?

That's great. Love the way the world works.

I intended this story to be very emotionally traumatizing for my characters because I wanted to show a growth like no other. Judging from the first 10 chapters or so... maybe more; there's no way in hell that anyone should ship the two main characters. But there's character growth and situations that occur further into the story that should make you at least think.

With all of that being said, if you feel angry about the fact that there's a lack of trigger warnings throughout this book... please hit that lovely arrow in the top left corner of your screen and move on with your life.

I'm all for being sensitive, but I also have thick skin and so does Zaria. And we are unapologetic for being OKAY.

So if you're down for the ride, then keep flipping and you'll find the first chapter and witness an individual who is building and polishing an armor throughout this book.

And baby, just wait till you get to see it shine at the end 😎👑

I love and appreciate you readers a ton. Thank you to those who will be taking on this story for what it is. For those of you who choose not to continue; thanks for clicking and attempting to give it a chance anyway.

I hope you all find your strength in life.

Remember: It's okay to NOT be okay, but it's also okay to be OKAY.

Breathe.

~TrueLoveWaits ♡