"I Can't Keep Up."

Chapter 13

        "Zara, did you walk here?!" My dad nearly shouts as I trudge into his house covered in a light sheen of sweat. I nod wordlessly and kick off my sandals and drop my book bag, then slump down onto the floor. I want to tell him everything, but I'm afraid he'll think I'm disgusting. I smile and then giggle a little as he walks over and bends down, "Come on, you really gonna make me carry you? I'm getting old, Ria!" He exclaims as he picks me up. 

        I love my dad so much. If I have to have the absence of my mother, I'm glad to at least have my dad. I giggle all the way to the living room where he carries me until he drops me on the couch, "Jeez, you weigh a ton." 

        "Whatever dad." I breathe and then sit upright and cross my legs; looking down at them. I trace imaginary shapes on my skin and then sigh heavily; making it very noticeable that something is bothering me.

        Dad shuffles closer to me, "Oh hell, you just did the loud, 'ask me what's wrong' sigh. What's up? Why did you walk here? Did that boy not drive you?" He asks and I shake my head. No, he definitely did not drive me because he was probably too busy fucking his girlfriend into another dimension. 

        I frown, "No he didn't. He got upset with me and told me to walk, so I did." I mutter and then turn to look at him.

        His blue eyes are wide with concern, "What's been going on? Why didn't you call me?" He asks gently and I crack under the pressure because I feel like it's suffocating me. Tears start to fall from my eyes as I emotionally try to explain to him what's been going on. 

        "Please don't think I'm gross and disgusting, dad. I tried to kiss him when he was passed out, because I like him, but I just wanted to see what it'd be like and his girlfriend caught me and I looked so stupid! She's now using it against me in return for her silence about it. I've never felt more dumb in my entire life." I cry. 

        My dad is staring at me really hard, until he chuckles, "So you like this guy even though he's an asshole?" He asks. He's so like me it's not even funny sometimes. 

        "Yeah. He's a really hot asshole, but he's also going to be my stepbrother. Do you think I'm gross?" I ask and he sighs loudly. His facial expression looks of one who is very confused, but he shuffles closer and drapes his arm over my shoulders. 

        "Ria, you're my daughter and I only find you gross when you bleed every month. Other than that, I love you for you even with your weird and unusual crushes. How old is this hot asshole guy?" He asks and I furrow my brows. 

        "He's eighteen."

        Dad runs his hands exasperatingly through his hair, "Well, you're definitely growing up, huh?" He asks and all I can do is nod my head. I am definitely growing up and it's a pain in the ass for myself to go through. All of these feelings, hormones and emotions are starting to drown me and I can't keep up. 

~~~~~

        "Zaria, shut the fuck up." Donovan spats at me and I'm confused as to what I've done now. This scenery and this moment that's occurring right now is slightly confusing, but I apparently know exactly what's going on. 

        I step up to Donovan and poke his toned chest, hard, "You do not tell me to shut the fuck up." I go to poke him for the fourth time, but he snatches up my hand and glares at me intensely with his hot electric blue eyes trying to burn holes through my powder blue ones. I start to quiver with nervousness and I start to sweat, but then I nearly faint as he suddenly just swoops down and has his nose and lips inches away from mine.