"How Bad is It?"

Chapter 4

        I had a little bit of trouble sleeping in the new house last night, but not so much as my new bed is now a queen instead of a twin. See, Steven uses his money to win me over, but really I could care less about his money -- I just want him to act like a normal, non rich guy for once. I sit up in the middle of my bare room, then get up from my bed and look out the window where I have a perfect view of the backyard patio and pool. Everything is pretty nice and I'm not as annoyed about moving in now. 

        Although this Saturday I go to my dads to hangout, but this is also the weekend Donovan moves in. He just has to annoy me and move in earlier. He claims it's because he starts his new job here this weekend and that it's easier to just move in already instead of driving the extra miles from his mothers house. Wherever it is the hell they live. 

        I stretch away from the window and walk around my empty (carpeted) room. My room at my dads house has carpet, but this is going to be my full time bedroom and I am really excited about this. I smile in actual happiness for once and not just because I'm realizing that life here with Steven may not be so bad, but because I remember that Max said he was going to write me. If he actually did already, then I should be getting it sometime on Saturday. 

        Saturday, great -- now my stomach is going to be all up in bubbly knots until then.

        I sigh softly and slowly make my way out of my room and look down both halls. My room is on the left side of the hall and across from it is the bathroom. Then right on the left side of my door is apparently a guest room and there is another room across from mine on the left side of the bathroom. Donovan gets to chose which one he wants. Then on the right side of the hall is another guest room and then Steven's and my mothers room.

        Oh yeah, speaking of these rooms... I have to remember that doors in this house are not fucking sound proof. Though god only knows how much I wish they were. I walk entirely out of my room and down the zig-zagged stairs, inspecting the nice ass house. It's big, but I guess not too big that Steven could actually have it if he wanted it that way. I stare at the family portraits on the wall and then continue down the wide hall, then enter into the kitchen where surprisingly -- Steven is in here... cooking.

        Say what? 

        He turns around and smiles softly, "Good morning, Zaria. How did you sleep the first night?" He asks with excitement. I can see he really cares and it earns him a point. 

        "I actually slept well. It may have been the queen bed. I've never had that much space to sleep in before." I giggle slightly and he chuckles too with his back now facing me. I walk over to him and watch him constantly turn over hashbrowns in a pan. 

        "Glad to hear it. I think your mother enjoys a king sized mattress as well -- it was like she was sleeping on the other side of the room last night." He grins down at me and I giggle more. We stand in a comfortable silence and I let out a soft breath. 

        "Thanks so much for making this experience for me less stressful than I thought it was going to be. I really appreciate it and although you still can irritate me, you're not as bad as I thought you were." I say honestly and I smile as a smile forms on his face. 

        "Thank you, Zaria. I'll make note that I need to act like this more." He chuckles and I walk away from him and sit at the table, waiting for him to finish cooking so I can eat a hopefully delicious breakfast. 

~~~~~

-Saturday- 

        "He's actually not that bad, dad. Still needs work on not flashing his money around, but you know how that is." I roll my eyes and laugh as dad whacks his golf club at the ground, missing the ball about four more times. He soon finally bends down and snatches up the tee and the ball.