"You Obviously Know Nothing About Me."

Chapter 2

Given the wonderful facts at Steven's, or should I say my new step-fathers, birthday party a few days back, I have now come to three conclusions. One; I hate redhead. Two; I have to learn to like Steven eventually and three; sadly, me and Donovan will not be getting along. Not that he'd want to by the fact that I am younger than him by two years. Now, I can understand why'd he'd be upset about suddenly being told that he's getting a whole half sibling and needs to be okay with it, but what made me rightfully hate him is our conversation after the party...

-Flashback-

Saying I'm done with this party is an understatement. I groan in annoyance as I scan the party room to see only a few stray partiers still swaying sloppily and stumbling over nothing. I flick my eyes towards my mother and Steven as they're sitting at my table -- canoodling or whatever the hell old people call it when they're sitting up all lovey dovey together. I don't really care, but I do know that I'm not going to sit here and endure anymore of it. I stand up rudely, but they don't even notice me angrily leaving the table. I make a pit stop at the table full of food and grab a vine of grapes, then continue my journey outside of the party room. Everything is quiet and calm and instantly puts me in a relaxing mood.

Me and my dad are going to have a lot to talk about this weekend when I go over his house, and lord knows how much I can't wait until then. I sigh softly and plop myself down on a fancy plush couch for two, then put my feet up, remove my killer heels and then devour my grapes. I lean my head back and feel myself drifting off, but then giggles catch my attention and I'm now whipping my head around in circles as I try to find the source of the noises. Suddenly, redhead appears from around a corner with tousled up hair and Donovan (my new not so thrilled stepbrother) is right behind her with a smug grin on his face.

Ugh, no need to guess what they were just up to.

I look down at my phone, trying to subtly ignore them, but redhead has this weird idea that we're friends or something, cause she stops and starts yapping that trap of hers again, "Oh hey! I never got your name from earlier. Babe, isn't this your soon to be stepsister?" She asks, grinning up at him in a teasing manner and Donovan scowls at her; avoiding having to look at me.

"No." He grunts.

"Aw, Don -- don't be that way. She seems nice. What's your name, sweetie?" She speaks directly to me now as her hand is frantically raking through her hair.

I smile slightly, "Zara." I try not to sound annoyed, but come on -- redhead is just dragging it out of me. I mean, she's treating me as if I'm ten. She has to be no younger or older than Donovan.

Redhead smiles, "That's an interesting name. I'm Layne; Donovan's girlfriend of six months." She boasts happily and I purse my lips and sit up straight, placing my bare feet on the weird and fancy designed carpet. I give her a look that I'm hoping she'll see it as a look to retreat and leave me alone, but she's still smiling. I'm not sure I wanted to know her name, but now that I do I can make childish rhymes like, 'Layne is a pain'.

"Wow, fun facts." I say deadpan and she smiles happily. Donovan seems not so pleased by the way I just talked to her though.

"Seems like you're a little brat, aren't you?" He scoffs and I raise my brows in surprise, then decide to tinker with him. I lock my phone; making the screen go dark.

I gaze up at him, "Brat? That's a pretty harsh label to give someone you've only just acquainted yourself with." I tilt my head sideways and then smile, "Oh wait, you're upset that your daddy is trying to replace you so quickly already. Right or wrong, Donovan?" I say so softly and I feel satisfied as his eyes darken in anger. Layne whips her head back and forth between the both of us.