"No One Writes Letters Anymore."

Chapter 3
-1 Month Later-

        I haven't seen Donovan in a little over a month and I'm overall very pleased by this. I feel Steven knows that my patience with him and his son is skating on thin ice, so he gratefully hasn't invite him to anymore of our dinner and or lunch dates as a new 'family'.

        But he obviously hasn't fully understood my patience with Donovan, because I just got the news that Steven said yes -- Donovan's moving in. I honestly can't believe this. He's just going to suck his dad up of his money. Just going to use him and whether Steven annoys the hell out of me or not, it's wrong.

        I sigh sadly as my day is getting even worse as I'm on my way to do what I unfortunately have to do -- quit my job.

        Steven lives about fifteen miles away from us and that means not only do I have to move out of the home I've become comfortably attached to, but I now also have to leave my job behind and my school. This blows a lot of dicks if anyone asks me. It's not like I have friends I'm leaving behind, cause I don't, but this is where I've been and it's where I know.

        I sag my shoulders and walk into the small movie shop and wave to the other cashier besides me. He's been my coworker and friend for two years. I was a freshman when I got this job.

        "Hey Maxy." I mutter and he grins wolfishly at me.

        "Hey Zar, what's up? You're not scheduled to work today beautiful." He twirls a DVD case in his skilled and ink printed hands.

        I blush, "Yeah I know, but I actually have some lame ass news... I'm moving." I say sadly and Max stops twirling the case and actually frowns. I can't believe a horrible frown is marring his gorgeous face. I drop my face towards the ground and scratch my arm, "My mom's getting remarried like I told you and we're moving like I told you, but I didn't realize he lived fifteen miles away and that I have to switch school districts and quit my job, so yeah." I mumble, feeling so damn lame.

        Like, fuck! Who does these things? Oh right, sixteen year old girls who don't have a say in their life apparently.

        I look up to see Max walking from behind the counter and coming towards me. He has chains hanging from his belt buckles and some really hot combat boots on. Max is gorgeous and if I ever tried anything with him, I'd be one lucky dead bitch as my mom would kill me. Max gazes down at me with disappointed hazel eyes.

        "Seriously Zar... This fucking sucks." He murmurs.

        I groan, "I know! My mom's too far up Steven's wallet to see how truly unhappy I am, but I won't just be truly unhappy -- I'll also be truly broke and tortured." I huff and he finally smiles at me.

        "This have to do with the step-dads ass of a son?" He asks.

        I smile, "Yes. He's horrible, totally puts me off older guys." I grunt and then about faint as Max grins cutely.

        "Even me?" He wiggles his brows and I laugh loudly. I have to cover my mouth to calm down and when I do, I still have the giggles.

        "Don't joke, Maximus. You're nineteen and my mom will fucking slaughter me, but you know I think you're hot." I reassure and he looks pleased as always.

        "Zar, come on... No one has to know. Can I at least have your address to write to you?" He asks and I snort.

        "Write letters? Just text me, no one writes letters anymore." I say in disapproval, but he just reaches over the counter for a business card and hands it to me with the blank side facing up.