"I Won't Do Well With Parties."

Chapter 14
-2 Weeks Later-

        The sexual dreams consisting of Donovan in them haven't stopped, Max won't step texting and calling me, me and Jess have been hanging out and talking a lot lately, I see Zach, but he's really distant and not as outgoing with me as he was before that crazy shit happened when they spent the night, Donovan has been acting weird, Jack is still creepy and oh yeah -- Layne is still a manipulating bitch. 

        There, my life in a nutshell, but today is going to be a little bit better because I have a doctors checkup to see if I get to have my cast removed or if I have to have it casted for another four weeks. I'm nervous.

        I brush out my hair in the bathroom and try not to jolt my fingers around so much in my cast, but I can't help it as I gained feeling in them weeks ago. I hope I haven't messed anything up. I look at my face to see that I look a little exhausted and I already know the reason why. The fucking dreams that I have with Donovan in them. We're always making out in the dreams, but arguing right before that. 

        And just as every time that he's about to take me to his room and most likely fuck me, I wake up in a sweaty heap and I throw a small fit. Donovan only came rushing in the one time because I cursed out at the top of my lungs, but other than that, he hasn't been back in my room or I at least hope he hasn't.

        "ZARIA! DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE AND DRAG YOUR ASS DOWN HERE! LETS GO!" Donovan shouts and I roll my eyes, then place my hairbrush down and walk out the bathroom. He's always so pushy, but then again I must like it because I like him. I make my way down the stairs and go dry at the mouth as Donovan's leaning against the front door with his phone in his hands as he texts. 

        He looks good as always. A casual outfit, but still so good looking. It's painful to look at him sometimes. 

        He looks up, "Finally." He opens the front door and actually holds it open for me. I blush and look down to not be noticed and then walk out the door. I can hear him close it behind us and then I walk to his car, climb inside of it and we take off towards the doctors office. I examine my cast all the way there and try not to act into his music because I don't want him to know we have things in common. 

        Things are just complicated right now.

        I grimace when his phone rings and he goes to answer it. He reaches into his cup holder, but I beat him to it and hold it away from him, "No using your phone while driving. You can call..." I pause and look at the phone, "Layne back later. Drive. We're almost there." I say in a serious tone and he glances over at me, then concentrates back on the road after clenching the steering wheel hard.

        Donovan surprisingly stays calm about it the remainder of the ride. Once the car is off, I quickly unbuckle myself and jump out of the car, but I didn't notice him getting out before me. He closes my door as soon as I get out, then shoves me up against the car in a tolerable manner.

        "Give me my phone, now." He says darkly and we glare at each other. I'm starting to think of the time he threw my phone and cracked the case, but I'm not too much of a bitch today to do that. Besides, I have a thing for him now, so I want him to like me... Not hate me.

        I hand him his phone, "Sorry, I just didn't want you to be distracted while driving. I guess if you do that when I'm not in your car, then fine, that's your life." I say simply, with no trace of an attitude, all honesty. He just continues to glare, but it then relaxes into a stare. A deep, brooding stare.

        I shift uncomfortably and he catches the movement, then backs up and turns around; walking to the building. I let out a deep breath and follow behind him silently into the building.

        "Good afternoon, do you have an appointment?" The receptionist asks us and I nod, becoming irritated by the passing seconds as this lady looks to be in her twenties, but cannot seem to take her eyes off of Donovan even though he's not paying attention to shit she's saying, because he's now on the phone with Layne, returning her call.

        I roll my eyes at the lady, "Yes I do. Zaria Lisle." I say and then reach into my back pocket and hand her my insurance card and Id. She takes it, glancing over at Donovan and all I can think right now is that while she's so damn distracted, she better not fuck up any of my shit.

        "Okay, thanks. Have a seat in the waiting room." She sneers and I snatch my Id up, since she's still needs my insurance card. I go and take a seat and my stomach does a flip as Donovan hangs up his phone and willingly takes the seat right next to me. I keep cool enough to take out my phone and go through the text messages from Max.

        He just won't leave me alone.

        I delete about six, then jump as Donovan chuckles dryly, "The guy should have thought about what he was doing if he's now regretting it. He looks pathetic blowing up your phone like that."

        I furrow my brows, "If the problem weren't so serious, I'd think it's a really cute and determined gesture. You wouldn't blow up Layne's phone if she got extremely mad at you?" I ask, even though it revolts me to bring her up. Donovan looks in deep thought and then he shrugs his shoulders in a calm and casual way.

        "Layne gets mad at me all the time and it's for shit I could care less about. For instance, she wants me to meet her grandparents, but that's a sign of commitment for me and honestly, I thought this six month thing between us was a fucking understanding. Like literally, a fucking understanding, but I don't even know anymore. Fuck, I don't even know why I just told you that." He shakes his head and then smiles and it scares me. He rarely ever smiles in front of me, let alone at me, "You just asked a question regarding Layne, what's up with that? Actually, you two have been acting weird. You know, I asked her about you always doing things for her and she said something about as long as you keep helping her out when needed, she'll keep her mouth shut. What I want to know is, what exactly is she keeping her mouth shut about -- for you? Cause she does not like you and you don't like her either. I'm curious to know what secret has brought you two together by force." He stares at me for what seems like a lifetime and I'm frozen with panic.

        Shit, he looks like he could know, but why would Layne do that when I've been doing everything she's asked me to? I will literally fight her if she told Donovan about the attempted kiss. I'm so thankful when a nurse calls my name from a door leading to the back. I ignore Donovan's entire speech and scurry to the back without looking back once.

        Cause I can already feels his eyes burning holes through me.