seven

{Lina}

TO BE HONEST, LINA had not gotten a wink of sleep that night. It was hard for her to fall asleep. The thought of their impending doom swarmed in her head. She watched the sun start to rise and smiled softly as she thought of her father, pulling the sun up.

She rose quickly and quietly as to not bother her brothers and sisters that seemed to be sleeping soundly. She gathered up some stuff. She stuffed clothes and other necessities into her backpack. She concentrated on the backpack and shut her eyes. A moment later she opened them and on her bed was a backpack charm which she put on her charm bracelet.

She was in the bathroom when she heard the commotion. A bunch of yelling and then—a dragon's roar? She was confused but she hurried outside, lingering in the doorway of the Apollo cabin.

Her mouth hung open as she saw what was causing the commotion. A huge bronze dragon. The terror was back. Lina remembered this dragon it had caused many injuries, too many injuries to count.

Lina rushed forward her bow in her hand as she glared up at the dragon.

"It's cool! Don't shoot!" Lina heard Leo's voice come from on top of the dragon.

Lina saw some of her cabin mates begin to lower their bows. She kept her's up. Out of the corner of her eye Lina saw Piper move forward. "It's beautiful." Piper breathed out.

Lina hated it but she had to agree. The dragon was beautiful but it was deadly and somehow that combination made it even more beautiful.

She watched Leo slide down from the dragon. "People of Earth, I come in peace!" he shouted, his hands up almost like he was surrendering. "Festus is just saying hello!"

"That thing is dangerous!" an Ares girl yelled, Lina couldn't see who. "Kill it now!"

"Stand down!" someone ordered.

Lina was surprised to see it was Jason. She kept her bow up just in case. She saw Jason come in front of her giving her a stern look.

She sighed but put down her bow and it went back to being a charm on her bracelet. Jason sent her a thankful look and went to gaze back up at the dragon. "Leo, what have you done?"

"Found a ride!" Leo beamed. Lina looked at him in surprise. "You said I could go on the quest if I got you a ride. Well I got you a class-A metallic flying bad boy! Festus can take us anywhere!"

Lina stepped closer to the dragon smiling up at him. She admired the way he was built. Lina had never been this close to the dragon before it went beserk.

"...You want us to ride off to save the world on Happy the Dragon." Jason spoke.

At this Lina snorted. "I can work with that." Jason gave her a funny look to which she just shrugged.

The dragon twitched and shuddered and flapped his wings.

"That's a yes, bro!" Leo said. "Now, um, I'd recommend we get going guys. All these people with weapons are making Festus nervous."

Jason frowned. "But we haven't planned anything yet. We can't just—"

"Go." Annabeth said. Lina recognized the look on her face. "Jason you've only got three days until the solstice now, and you should never keep a nervous dragon waiting. This is a good omen. Go!"