seventeen

{Lina}

LINA WAS ANGRY. Angry at Piper, but also angry at herself. She knew that they might be in danger but she still let her emotions get the best of her and she stormed away. She had only gotten to the sewer when she already regretted her actions. She had only stayed there for a few minutes, calming down, before she got into the elevator again. It was as the doors were opening that she heard Piper's yell and her head snapped up towards the direction of her voice before looking down. She was horrified at the sight of the two boys battling against the dragons and had immediately jumped down to help them.

It was only until the underground mall was no longer in her sight that Lina noticed Piper sending her small glances every so often. She wanted to snap at the girl, to blame her but she couldn't knowing it wasn't Piper's fault. It was her own, she never should have left them. But those glances, they annoyed her.

Finally deciding on ignoring the girl, Lina sighed and laid her cheek on Jason's shoulder. She had a lot on her mind with this quest. Questions popped up, like how did Khione know her? How did any of the people they've met know her? Will she keep meeting people that supposedly know her? And why was Jason glancing at her so often?

She could tell something bad, she wasn't sure that was the exact word to describe it, had happened while she was gone. Both boys seemed tense, but withdrawn at the same time as if they were apologetic. Lina wanted to ask what had happened, she was way too curious but it seemed like a bad memory so she didn't. She could hear Piper and Leo saying something up front but she couldn't quite hear so she let it go.

Suddenly Leo spoke, "We're going to have to put down soon," he warned. "Couple more hours, maybe, to make sure Medea's not following us I don't think Festus can fly much longer than that."

Lina nodded. "Yeah," Piper also agreed. "Coach Hedge probably wants to get out of his canary cage, too. Question is—where are we going?"

Lina slightly perked up at the thought of finally meeting the satyr she had heard so much about.

"The Bay Area," Lina glanced at Leo as he guessed. "Didn't Medea say something about Oakland?"

Lina looked at the trio curiously wondering what they were talking about. She figured it was something she missed from her leaving.

Jason's voice brought Lina back. "Piper's dad," Jason put in and Lina's eyes widened. "Something's happened to your dad, right? He got lured into some trap."

Lina watched as Piper let out a shaky breath. "Look, Madea said you both die in the Bay Area." The blonde didn't miss the glance Piper gave her. "And besides ... even if we went there, the Bay Area is huge! First we need to find Aeolus and drop off the storm spirits. Boreas said Aeolus was the only one who could tell us exactly where to go."

Leo grunted. "So how do we find Aeolus?"

Jason leaned forward pulling Lina along with him. "You mean you don't see it?" He pointed ahead of them, but Lina couldn't see anything just the regular old sky and judging but the looks of confusion the others couldn't either.

"It's like a vapor trail," Jason said. "Except it's glowing. Really faint but definitely there. We've been following it since Chicago, so I figured you saw it."

Lina could barely hold back a snort and the rest of her laughter.

Leo shook his head. "Maybe Festus can sense it. You think Aeolus made it?"

"Well, it's a magic trail in the wind." Jason said.

Lina could feel her body shaking.

"Aeolus is the wind god. I think he know we've got prisoners for him. He's telling us where to fly." Jason finished and he peered down curiously at Lina's shaking figure.