eleven

{Lina}

THERE WAS FIRE in Lina's eyes as she glared at the two Cyclops' in front of her.

She was currently hanging upside down over a pot of who knows what. Jason and Piper were beside her. Jason was either unconscious or he was well dead. And Piper was trying to convince the Cyclops to let them go.

"Scream, little girl! I like funny screaming." The cyclops with the loincloth was telling Piper.

"Oh you want us to scream, I'll give you screaming. How about you untie me and we'll see who'll be screaming then." Lina threatened as her glare intensified.

The cyclops only stared at Lina, like he was unable to process her threat. Lina let out a breath, "Okay your turn Piper."

Lina watched Piper's mouth open. "Oh, Mr. Cyclops, you don't want to kill us. It would be much better if you let the three of us go."

The one with the loincloth scratched his head and turned to the cyclops with a toga. "She's kind of pretty, Torque. Maybe I should let them go."

Torque, the one in the toga, growled. "I saw her first, Sump. I'll let her go!" Sump and Torque started to argue, but the third Cyclops rose and shouted, "Fools!"

Lina's mouth dropped, the Cyclops was a female. This was going to be trouble.

The woman Cyclops stalked over to Sump and pushed him aside, knocking him over the conveyor belt. Torque backed up quickly.

"The girl is Venus spawn," the lady Cyclops snarled. "She's using charmspeak on you."

Piper started to say, "Please, ma'am—"

"Rarr!" The lady Cyclops grabbed Piper around the waist. "Don't try your pretty talk on me, girl! I'm Ma Gasket! I've eaten heroes tougher than you for lunch!"

Lina struggled against her bonds. "Don't touch her! If you so much as hurt her, I'll kill you myself."

Ma Gasket did let go of Piper and went to pick Lina up. "Well, well aren't you brave."

Lina chose not to respond, knowing that if she did nothing good would happen next. Ma Gasket let her go, Lina didn't know if she was satisfied Lina didn't respond or if she was angry.

Pushing away the thoughts Lina turned to Piper. "Okay, listen I'll try to break out and then I'll kill them all."

Piper only gave her a look. "No, let us try to negotiate our way out of here."

"But—"

Piper gave Lina another look. "Fine, if you wanna go the boring route."

"—eat her last, Ma?" Sump was saying.

"Idiot!" Ma Gasket yelled, and Lina couldn't help but sneer at the two. "I should've thrown you out on the streets when you were babies, like proper Cyclops children. You might have learned some useful skills. Curse my soft heart that I kept you!"

"Soft heart?" Torque muttered.

"More like no heart," Lina said while faking a cough.

"What was that you ingrate?" Ma Gasket had only heard Torque.

"Nothing, Ma. I said you got a soft heart. We get to work for you, feed you, file your toenails—"

"And you should be grateful!" Ma Gasket bellowed. "Now, stoke the fire, Torque! And Sump, you idiot, my case of salsa is in the other warehouse. Don't tell me you expect me to eat these demigods without salsa!"