ten

{Lina}

LINA HAD BEEN arguing with Jason before it happened. She had been wanting to take out her bow and shoot down some birds that had become mildly annoying. That was only an excuse though. Lina had become bored and wanted to occupy herself with and the birds just happened to come by.

Why don't you just take a nap or do something that does not involve animals getting hurt, Jason had argued. At this, she had to roll her eyes. Her problems with dreams were too personal for her to talk about with him. So she did what she always did when she was feeling annoyed and petty, Lina crossed her arms and turned her head away from the boy, refusing to speak to Jason.

Jason had just sighed but as he went to open his mouth Festus hit some sort of wall and jerked. It was then that he started to free fall. So did the other passengers.

Lina kicked the air, terrified and a scream found its way out of her mouth. "Oh god! Is this how I'm dying! I wanted my death to be something cool. Not death by falling and becoming a splat on the ground!"

Somewhere above her, Lina heard Leo scream. "Not cooooool!"

"See, Leo gets it." She said to no one in particular before she went back to screaming.

"Lina! LINA! I swear to god, LINA!" Jason yelled at her. "Lina, level out. Extend your arms and legs!"

"Yes this is great, I'm going to be a perfect pancake when I hit the ground," she grumbled, but she did as Jason said.

Then Jason was there, wrapping his arms around her waist. She realized what he wanted to do and her eyes widened as she tried to get out of his grasp. Jason looked at her in worried.

"Let me go, go to Piper and Leo they need more help than I do. Plus I promise you I'll be okay." Lina told him. She wasn't a hundred percent telling the truth but that was a detail Jason didn't need to know.

Jason looked at her skeptically before sighing. He nodded and let her go, letting her freefall once again. She watched as Jason took Piper by the waist and as he grabbed onto Leo. She could hear Leo begging Jason to save his dragon, but Jason was already struggling to keep three people afloat. Lina saw his face redden with strain, she watched him try and he did try so hard, but soon enough he let them go and they were all falling again.

They hit the roof of the largest warehouse and crashed through into darkness.

Lina hadn't tried to land at all. She instead fell on her shoulder and she heard two sickening cracks. One coming from her shoulder and one coming from Piper who had landed a bit away from her. For a few seconds Lina's head blanked, she wasn't aware of anything but the pain in her shoulder.

Then she heard Jason's voice from somewhere down below them. "Piper! Where's Piper?"

Lina winced once again but not from the pain in her shoulder but from the stinging in her chest. Why was her chest stinging, there was no reason for it. Or was Lina sick? That must have been it, Lina would have to get a check-up when she got back to Camp Half-Blood.

"Ow, bro!" Leo groaned. "That's my back! I'm not a sofa! Piper, Lina where'd you go?"

"Here," Piper managed, her voice a whimper. "We're up here."

There was shuffling and grunting, then feet pounding on the metal steps.

Lina looked around, they were on a metal catwalk that ringed the warehouse interior. She brought herself up to a sitting position and looked down. Leo and Jason had landed on the ground level and were now coming up towards them.