I Have You

_AN ://: Something sweet to comeback with. 💖_

JUNE 2004

The night before all votes are expected to be counted, Senator Bongbong Marcos, as a candidate can't sleep because of nervousness. He has been trying to sleep for 30 minutes already, and just can't. His 6-month-pregnant wife, Leni Marcos (author's note : ganda sa mata syet) sat beside as he talks to his political advisor on the phone.

She made him touch her baby bump that made him smile. She smiled back at him and rest her head on his shoulder.

"Yup, yup" Bongbong said, answering the voice on the phone. He put his arm on her shoulder and she exhaled at ease. Now her head is on his chest. "Basta, manalo, matalo, tatanggapin natin," he replied and exhaled sharply. "Chief," Bongbong called Chief Dimansalang, his political adviser. "Thank you. Salamat sa lahat," Bongbong Marcos smiled, and Leni looked up at him and smiled at him also. Bongbong bid goodbye and they ended the call.

Leni sat straight and smiled sweetly to Bongbong.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He asked her.

She kissed him on the cheeks, "Wala naman, I am just so so so, proud of you," she starer at him and noticed that he smiled sadly. "Why? May problema ba?"

He shrug his shoulder. "Wala naman," he lied. She made him face her and glared at him. He exhaled. "I can never lie to you noh?" They both gigled.

"Spill the beans, Mahal," she suggested.

"Wala just thinking, what if I will not win?"  he sighed.

Leni laughed at him and hugged him. "Hay nako Mahal, hindi pa nga tapos ang bilangan eh," she rested her head on his shoulders and sat properly. "Tsaka, you tried. Marami pang mga provinces na bibilangin ngayon, lalamang ka pa," she consoled him.

She heard him sighed again.

"Mahal, look at me," she sat straight and look at him in the eyes. He started to feel butterflies on his bellies just by staring at her hazelnut eyes. "You will be the best vice president, if you win. If not, you will be the best father," she smiled sweetly.

With what she said he received a peace of mind, and smiled at her too. He made their forehead touch. And he kissed her.

"Let's sleep na?" he asked her.

"You sure, you won't watch news?" she asked him.

He nodded and replied ,"Tara na, my baby must be tired already."

He put her pillow on her feet like she always prefer. He lay down beside her and placed her head on his chest. They prayed openly letting each other tell God what they wanted to tell,ike what they always do. After praying, she kissed his chin and he kissed the top of her head.

"Goodnight, Mahal," she said.

"Goodnight Mahal," he replied.

;

The morning came. Loud ringing of phones woke them up. Bongbong's phone is ringing. Leni's phone is ringing. Their house phone is ringing. The landline phone is ringing.

Bongbong put Leni's head on the pillow. He searched for his watch and learned that it is only 5:45 in the morning.

He dialed his political adviser's phone. The moment the phone rang, Chief Dimansalang answered. He told Bongbong to come immediately to the headquarters and told him that he will further explain there.

He stood up that wake Leni.

"Where are you going Mahal?" Leni immediately asked.

"Chief told me to come to the headquarters. Baka tungkol sa election," he quickly dressed himself and put some deodorant.

"Can I come?" she stood up and went near him.

"Are you sure?" Bongbong asked her and looked at her straight in the eye.

Leni nodded and changed her clothes.

;

The last provinces that votes were counted are Ilocos, Cavite, South Cotabato and Tacloban. Before they were counted, Marcos was ahead of De Castro with over 370,000 votes. When all votes were counted, De Castro surpassed Marcos with over 400,000 votes. De Castro and Marcos having a close fight in Cavite, De Castro winning Tacloban and South Cotabato, and even Ilocos having a  big difference  knowing that it was Marcos' hometown. The result was sure unexpected. But everybody knows why Marcos didn't won his hometown's votes.

It was 6:15 AM when the Mr. and Mrs. Marcos arrived at the headquarters. There are a lot of Media waiting outside hoping to get a news from Bongbong. It was 8 AM already when they went out. Guards protected Bongbong and her wife knowing that Leni is pregnant. Bongbong didn't actually want Leni to come with him as he knows that the way to the car would be hard but she insisted.

"What can you say about the results Senator Bongbong?" a reporter asked.

"Ayos naman, ganon talaga. Manalo, matalo, ang mahalaga lumaban," he answered as he protectewd Leni from the crowd. Leni stared at him as she watches him smile in each camera for them to have a good photo.

"How about sa pagkatalo ninyo po sa balwarte nyo?" another reporter asked.

"I didn't lost to Ilocos, I lost in the power of the Filipino," he answered and smiled genuinely. Obviously, trying to sound neutral.

"Everybody knows na ang dahilan po kung bakit kayo natalo ay dahil sa impluwensya ng pangalan ninyo. Ano pong masasabi ninyo?"

"I was born and meant to be a Marcos. And I will forever be a Marcos," he answered proudly.

"Ano pong next ninyong balak Senator?"

"To continue helping people. Kasi yun naman po ang dahilan kung bakit ako tumakbo eh. Hindi porket natalo po ako eh hindi na ako tutulong," he answered and started walking again.

"Last question Senator!" he made a stop as he knew whom voice this was, Pia Hontiveros, his wife's girl na friend, "After all the trial in your life, sino pong dahilan bakit kayo nagpapatuloy?"

Leni and Bongbong smiled at each other.

"My lovely wife," he answered still staring at her. Everyone there felt awe and chant for a kiss, which the two willingly gave.

After that question, the love birds went to their car and drove back to their nest.

;

"Mahal," she called for him as soon as he stopped the engine in front of theur house. He looked at her. "What if tama sila na kaya ka natalo sa Ilocos ay dahil sa pamilya mo?" a tear in the side of her eye.

Bongbong sighed and hugged her. "Mahal, I know what you are thinking. And I am telling you, you are worth fighting for and leaving all for," she consoled her.

She silently cried in his shoulder.

"Kahit ano pang maging pangalan ko," he made her face him, "I will still choose you," he smiled. She kissed the top of her forehead.

"I love you mahal," she uttered.

"Mas mahal kita," he replied.

She planted a soft kiss on his lips and smiled in between.

'Sometimes, people ask what keeps me going and in truth, it comes from knowing, I have you to save my day.'

❤💛