Chapter Two

When your father finally came out the your home you both started your journey towards the Coral Island and you were so giddy.

Your father chuckled as he watched you swim round in circles and weave in and out of schools of fish and swam with the dolphins you saw on the way. You couldn't stop moving as you were so excited to go to the place of your dreams.

"Father," you call to him "why must we stay away from all the humans.. surely some of them are nice."

"No, y/n, they all take part in killing our planet. They don't care about anything other than money or profit... some humans are just better at hiding there intentions than others."

"Oh" you reply and swim off ahead to catch up to the pod of dolphins which swam faster then your father creating a distance.

The pod of dolphins swim up to the surface and jump out of the water and splashing back down and you giggle as you watch them. You swim along with them and you go to jump out of the water with them

"Y/n !! Wait-" you hear your father call but it's too late and you've already jumped out

The air rushes against your slick body and the water runs off your fins. You spread your arms out above you head and you pull them back into you sides as you land back in the water in a perfect dive. You laugh and sink to the bottom with a massive smile plastered to your face. You broke the surface of the water for the first time and the sting of the sudden cool air felt so good against your skin.

You slowly sit up still feeling giddy when your father come over and slaps you hard.

"Y/n!! Why would you do that," he shouts at you, " do you want humans to spot you??"

"Father I-im sorry-"

"You had to ruin this wonderful day didnt you.."

He shakes his head in disappointment and slowly starts swimming away, expecting you to follow. And you swim up off the floor and swim behind him with your head lowered.. i wish I didn't have to be a mermaid you think.

As you and your father swam further toward the coral island neither of you noticed the young man standing on his boat with his mouth wide open watching the water where y/n had surfaced the water...