Chapter Three

P.O.V from the fisherman

The man that saw y/n took a few seconds before he could move again. He saw a mermaid.. a real life mermaid !! And he thought you were beautiful..

He couldn't explain what he felt for you but he knew he wanted you, even though he'd only see you jump out the water. But he couldn't shake you joy-filled face you wore when breaking the surface.. he didn't want to forget it.

He was a fisherman living out at sea for as long as he could. His mother passed away only 3 weeks earlier and he needed to escape. His father always took him on annual fishing trips and when his mother died he stole the fishing boat and now lives in the middle of the ocean.

He's always felt drawn to the ocean. He can drink the sea water, although he never told anyone, and he eats the fish he catches. He could survive out in the middle of the ocean for years !! But he could still drown as he can't breathe under water no matter how hard he's tried.

Jack, the sailor of the boat, ran round to the wheel of the ship and steered the boat towards where he last saw the mermaid. He dropped his largest fishing nets he had in the water and slowly drove around hoping to catch the beautiful mermaid.

No matter what he had to do, he'd get you..