Chapter 11

You wouldn't be able to save your father on your own and you knew you needed any help you could get and that's what made you ask him. After lots of begging and maybe a little bit of touching he agreed. He shared his name with you, Lewis, and you shared your name with him. You've been swimming with him for a while now and you both are looking for a place to rest the night.

You find a suitable looking cave and after debating it with Lewis you both decide to sleep the night in there. It's a spacious one roomed cave with multiple ledges full of old shells and useful tools for merpeople living.

"Someone used to live here" you say, "I wonder what they were like.." you knew they were murdered by the humans but you choose to ignore that fact.

"It doesn't matter now, does it." He says coldly and goes to sit on the bed.. the only bed.

"Umm.." you mutter unsurely "where should I sleep"

"Next to me." He says seriously.

You open your mouth in shock and are about to reject him but he interrupts you before you can say anything.

"I'm only joking" and he chuckles which soon turns into a loud laugh and you can't help but join in a little "I'll clear a shelf and make do" he says still chuckling lightly.

You giggle and turn your head away as you blush, you don't know what's gotten into you, maybe your just craving so real attention and love you think as you start to feel something nice for him. "Thank you" you finally say

He swims off the bed and over to you and when he reaches you he puts his hand under your chin and lifts your head so you look into his eyes.

"You have a beautiful laugh y/n." He whispers and you blush deeper.

You both start to lean towards each other as you feel something ancient erupt in your heart.. love. Your lips touch his gently and sparks tingle your flesh.

Lewis is your soul mate...