6

————————————————————————

It's been an hour and a half and I have 30 minutes to finish resurrecting. So far my head is reattached, but I'm waiting for my blood to replenish. I'm sitting in the hallway with Klaus, we're just sitting in a comforting silence.
Suddenly I feel a tug.
"Klaus." I say weakly. He turns to see me fading.
"I'll see you soon, come find me okay?" He asks.
"I promise I will." I say with a sad smile.
The cycle is the same, I gasp for breath and then Mr. Hargreeves kills me, I find Klaus, we talk, I gasp for breath. It's been 4 hours and he finally lets me go, deciding that "training is over for today number eight. I'll train your necromancy tomorrow".
I weakly drag myself to Klaus's room and collapse outside the door. Klaus, hearing this runs over to me and cradles me in his arms on the floor.
"You're gonna be okay Alex. You're gonna be okay." He whispers in my ear, comforting me.
Once I feel stronger, we stand and wander around the house, winding up in the kitchen we are surprised to see Diego and Luther already there having a conversation. We sit at the table and grab some chips.
"Why does she look so out of it?" Diego asks us.
"She just spent the last 6 hours being murdered by dear old dad." Klaus answers for me, while placing a cup of hot chocolate in front of me. I smile back as a 'thanks'. Diego and Luther look at me with wide eyes. "You're joking right?" Luther asks me.
"Nope. First it was stabbing, then decapitation, then drowning, then strangling, then blood loss, then poisoning, then blunt force trauma, and finally over dosing. But that last one was an accident." I say holding my hot chocolate closer for warmth. Diego leaves the room and returns with a warm blanket and places it around my shoulders.
"Thanks." I say quietly. He nods and sits back down. I take a sip and let the hot liquid travel down my throat. I pull out a mini bottle of Kahlua and pour it into the mug and stir it into the beverage. I take another sip and sigh with Consent. "Ahh, that's better." I say. Klaus tried to hide a laugh and Diego covers a smirk. Luther got frustrated.
"Dad doesn't like it when we raid his alcohol cupboards." He says sternly.
"Calm down space boy, it's from my own stash" I say and shoot him a wink.
"Wait, when did you bring your stash here?" Klaus asks, "I thought you left it at your apartment..." he trails off.
"Yeah, I went back this morning to get my shit." I say shrugging.
"Alex are you insane?! What if they saw you?!" Klaus asks with concern, something his brothers have never witnessed before.
"They almost did, but I snuck in at 5 ish? And left around 5:15 so I think I'm good. They didn't see me or else... well I wouldn't say I'd be dead, because you know, I can't die. But I certainly wouldn't be here if they did catch me, soooooo, yeah." I say taking another sip of my drink.
The boys accompanying us looked hella confused and look at me with concern.
"Who would've seen you?" Luther asked.
"My parents." I say
"Why's that so bad?" He asks again.
"Dude, read between the lines man. Clearly something illegal that I won't say because I've only just met Alex. Put 2 and 2 together Luther." Diego says.
"Thanks, for understanding." I say quietly.
"Now if you'll excuse us, we have a nap to be attending." Klaus says holding my hand and leading me to his bedroom. We walk up the stairs and into Klaus' room. He closes the door behind us and pulls me down onto the bed.
"Why are we taking a nap?" I ask him.
"I figured you could use some downtime and a nap is the best way to do that." Klaus says already half asleep.
"Can't argue there." I say and close my eyes.

My dreams started peaceful. Just dreaming about random thoughts that popped into my head. After an hour or two I was in a deep sleep, then suddenly the voices started again.

ALEX!
SAVE US! HELP US-
YOU NEED US
ALEX!
Alex
AELX! HEAR ME OUT
ALEXALEXALEXEXALEXEXALEXALEX

"Alex!"
I jump up and begin hyperventilating and panting, freaking out over what's happening again. My hands are shaking, and I'm slightly sweaty.
"Alex, calm down. They'll go away soon I promise." Klaus talks to me calmly, but soon I can't hear him, only the spirits. I move my hand to cover my ears and press hard.
"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I cry out. I look around frantically and Klaus already has a little baggie of circular pink pills at the ready. He gives me one and I swallow it. Waiting for the effects to start, I curl up and lean into Klaus. He opens his arms and pulls me into a hug.
"I'm sorry this happens to you." He says quietly.
"I'm sorry you understand what's happening to me." I say quietly back, slowly drifting back to sleep.

When I wake up, Klaus is gone and I can faintly hear voices downstairs. I yawn and light a joint before going downstairs to join the rest of my new family. Everyone's gathered in the living room near the front entrance. I enter and plop myself down on the couch. Luther immediately walks towards me with a sense of purpose, before grabbing the joint out of my hand and extinguishing it.
"Hey! I was using that." I pout.
"Dad doesn't like it when people," he glances towards Klaus, "smoke inside."
"Ugh, fine." I say pulling out a pill and swallowing it.
"Klaus, we just get a new member and you've already corrupted her with your drug habits?" He asks astounded.
"Hey, these are mine. I've been a druggie for a long time, and leave Klaus out of this. He's an angel, he saved my life." I say harshly towards Luther, then smiling at Klaus. Klaus smiles back with that signature Klaus smile.
Luther looks between us and mumbles, "unbelievable." Before turning around and sitting back down.
Mr. Hargreeves enters the room and signals for everyone to go to training.
"Number Eight, follow me for your specialized training." He says before leaving the room, me following closely behind. We go outside and down a hill, towards a secluded area. Gravestones begin to appear and I can tell we're entering a graveyard.
"Uhh, Mr.Hargreeves, I don't think this is a good idea." I say nervously.
"And why not number eight?"
"I don't feel comfortable here. What if I accidentally raise them?" I ask.
"That's what I'm hoping for." He says before stopping in front of a mausoleum. My eyes widen slightly.
"And what if I can't undo it?" I ask.
"You will undo it number eight. Or else you won't be allowed out." He says before shoving me inside the dark crypt and closing the doors. I stumble to the ground, scraping my knees slightly. I get up and quickly run to the doors, banging and screaming, pleading him to let me out. Judging by the lack of response, I assume he left and my anxiety begins to kick in.
"You must raise them if you want to stay here number eight." Mr. Hargreeves' voice sounds from a speaker overhead.
"And if you want to leave the mausoleum, you must return them to the spirit world. You will not leave until you complete this task." The speaker transmits before going dead silent.
Well shit.